Hi, I'm new here

  • nic_breuer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hello people, my name is Nicole and I'm 25, from Canada. I just joined this group a few days ago and don't know much about the Special K diet but am trying to eat healthy and lose weight, hopefully about 20 lbs. My big problem is being addicted to sweet sugary stuff and junk food; I am good for awhile but then I binge which sucks and I need help to quit doing this as it's very unhealthy!
      I exercise almost every day for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and I recently started eating breakfast in the hopes that it would help my metabolism and would be better for me. I'm trying to train myself what healthy eating is; after years of having disordered eating, my body doesn't know how to respond to food :(
      My goals are: to quit binge-eating, to cut WAY down on the amount of sugar I consume, to find peace and balance in daily eating (ie, healthy), to lower my bodyfat percentage, tone up my body and lose about 20 lbs to get back to my ideal weight.
      Any suggestions and tips, please feel free to share, it would be very much appreciated! I would love to have support, get to know you guys and give support back too! well take care everyone, best wishes and blessings :)
      Nicole
    • Daniella Rakich
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
        I have trouble with the binge eating too Nicole :-( Although I don't keep anything in my apt that's actually bad for me I'll still find something to shove in my mouth, usually to keep myself from falling asleep while I'm studying. I'm in the middle of a bad week couple weeks, very stressed, exams and quizzes every day, so of course I've been thrown WAY off watching/caring what I eat. Finished off a box of strawberry shredded wheat 2 nights ago and a box of cheerios last night lol At least I know I'm sure getting my fiber! I work out practically every day too....it's the only thing that saves me. I cannot WAIT for school to be over with this semester. I'm gonna be so busy having fun this summer that I won't have time to binge eat! haha

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
          yeah, I keep junk food out of my apt too, although my boyfriend brings it in :( I do well avoiding it most of the time, but the occasional fall. Aw, school will be done soon, hang in there! take care,
          Nicole