Happy New Year! (and a few admin type notes)

  • specialk_insider
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a healthy and happy 2007!

      A few quick notes:

      - First, my apologies for stopping up the flow of messages, but I was
      away from my computer for most of the day. In the coming weeks, we'll
      begin to moderate only messages from new members, which will prevent
      us moderators from becoming a bottleneck.

      - Second, I wanted to remind folks that not everyone handles a large
      flow of email messages well, so I encourage you to think carefully
      before replying to a message about whether it should go to the whole
      group or just to one person. Remember, if you simply hit "reply" to
      messages sent through the group, your reply will go to the entire
      group. I explain how to reply individuals here:
      (the quick summary: just replace the "specialkgroup@yahoogroups.com"
      with the specific person's email address after you hit reply)

      - Third, if you are the one of those people who don't like lots of
      individual messages in their inbox, you can always switch to "digest"
      mode, which will include up to 25 messages in a single email. I
      explain more here:
      (the quick summary: to shift to digest format, just send an email to
      specialkgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com)

      And again, Happy New Year!!