Re: info for third meal

  • brittney_harbin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
      I have a book I got called calorie king, it was only 5 dollars at my
      walmart but it tells you everything you could imagine in it. Pretty
      much every food i was looking for was in it even fast food.
    • heffedeba@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
        Try going to www.mypyramid.gov; it's the federal governments website
        about the food pyramid and it helps track food, calories, activities,
        weight, etc and it's free.

        Debra

        On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:44 PM, sue wrote:
        If there is aomewhere that liststhis kind of stuff I dont mind researching. . I just must not be "googling" the right words to find it.
      • cwclove07
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
          Hey ... I have never been much of a calorie-counting person because it
          just makes me really depressed. But what I do know is that if you take
          the skin off any chicken part (whether it be breast or thigh), it will
          DEFINITELY trim A LOT of the fat content off. That's where most of the
          fat and grease are. That's how chickens stay warm.

          I just did a quick "google" search for you:

          Chicken thigh, no skin - 5.7 grams of fat
          chicken breast, no skin - 3.5 grams of fat

          As you can tell, it's not that big of a difference. The fat content is
          MUCH higher when the skin comes in :) Patience is a virtue, and trust
          me, when you try to rush the diet thing (liquid-cleanses, diet pills,
          etc)the only thing it realy does is WRECK your body. I know because I
          am still having to deal with the consequences. Be patient, and in
          time, it will come. Plus, it feels so much better to know you did it
          the right way :) Good luck to ya and lemme know whenever you need any
          asistance or more motivation :-p
        • Lela Wrightdolson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
            I'm a veggitarian also and my doc says that i need to take in more protein because the starch is whats keeping me fat. But so far two pounds are gone!
          • hagerworld11
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
              thanks! i'm gunna look it up on line because there isn't a wal mart
              close by.
              :)
              --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "brittney_harbin"
              <brittney_harbin@...> wrote:

              > I have a book I got called calorie king, it was only 5 dollars at my
              > walmart but it tells you everything you could imagine in it. Pretty
              > much every food i was looking for was in it even fast food.

            • Mrs E
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
                Have you tried Edamame? Love these yummy little beans!! Very high in
                protein!
                Good luck!!!
                You can get them at Kroger already shelled.

                --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lela Wrightdolson"