Re: info for third meal
- I have a book I got called calorie king, it was only 5 dollars at my
walmart but it tells you everything you could imagine in it. Pretty
much every food i was looking for was in it even fast food.
- Try going to www.mypyramid.gov; it's the federal governments website
about the food pyramid and it helps track food, calories, activities,
weight, etc and it's free.
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:44 PM, sue wrote:
If there is aomewhere that liststhis kind of stuff I dont mind researching. . I just must not be "googling" the right words to find it.
- Hey ... I have never been much of a calorie-counting person because it
just makes me really depressed. But what I do know is that if you take
the skin off any chicken part (whether it be breast or thigh), it will
DEFINITELY trim A LOT of the fat content off. That's where most of the
fat and grease are. That's how chickens stay warm.
I just did a quick "google" search for you:
Chicken thigh, no skin - 5.7 grams of fat
chicken breast, no skin - 3.5 grams of fat
As you can tell, it's not that big of a difference. The fat content is
MUCH higher when the skin comes in :) Patience is a virtue, and trust
me, when you try to rush the diet thing (liquid-cleanses, diet pills,
etc)the only thing it realy does is WRECK your body. I know because I
am still having to deal with the consequences. Be patient, and in
time, it will come. Plus, it feels so much better to know you did it
the right way :) Good luck to ya and lemme know whenever you need any
asistance or more motivation :-p
- I'm a veggitarian also and my doc says that i need to take in more protein because the starch is whats keeping me fat. But so far two pounds are gone!
- thanks! i'm gunna look it up on line because there isn't a wal mart
--- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "brittney_harbin"
> I have a book I got called calorie king, it was only 5 dollars at my
> walmart but it tells you everything you could imagine in it. Pretty
> much every food i was looking for was in it even fast food.
- Have you tried Edamame? Love these yummy little beans!! Very high in
You can get them at Kroger already shelled.
--- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lela Wrightdolson"
>protein because the starch is whats keeping me fat. But so far two
> I'm a veggitarian also and my doc says that i need to take in more
pounds are gone!