  • sads2u
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
      I AM CHOCOLATE LOVER AND CAFFIENE AND NEED TO QUIT THAT
      I AM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THAT SO FOR STARTERS I GOT THE SPECIAL K
      CEREAL AND WANT SO BAD FOR THIS YEAR TO LOSE OVER 100 LBS I KNOW THAT
      IF I LOSE 50 THAT WOULD BE GREAT SO I AM WORKING A LITTLE EACH DAY TO
      START MY JOURNEY
      STACEY
    • adriennemcdowell30
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "sads2u" <sads2u@...> wrote:
        > I AM CHOCOLATE LOVER AND CAFFIENE AND NEED TO QUIT THAT
        > I AM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THAT SO FOR STARTERS I GOT THE SPECIAL K
        > CEREAL AND WANT SO BAD FOR THIS YEAR TO LOSE OVER 100 LBS I KNOW THAT
        > IF I LOSE 50 THAT WOULD BE GREAT SO I AM WORKING A LITTLE EACH DAY TO
        > START MY JOURNEY
        > STACEY

        I want to loose 100 pounds too, not only to feel great about myself but
        for my family. I have always battled weight and have always been back
        and forth on loosing and gaining. But now I use food as a comfort when
        I am stressed, bored or sad and I am not only trying to figure out how
        to control that but also figure out a exercise routine that fits me.
        Do you have any advice.
        Adrienne
      • clebrun23
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
          --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "sads2u" <sads2u@...> wrote:

          > I AM CHOCOLATE LOVER AND CAFFIENE AND NEED TO QUIT THAT
          > I AM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THAT SO FOR STARTERS I GOT THE SPECIAL K
          > CEREAL AND WANT SO BAD FOR THIS YEAR TO LOSE OVER 100 LBS I KNOW THAT
          > IF I LOSE 50 THAT WOULD BE GREAT SO I AM WORKING A LITTLE EACH DAY TO
          > START MY JOURNEY
          > STACEY

          STACEY.. get the special k chocolate delight cereal!! YUM!! i love it.
          its packed full of lil chocolate morsels. PLUS they have those
          chocolate snack and meal bars. try those out too!
          ~Chelsea
        • Milinda Houlette
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
            Sads2u and Adriennemcdowell30 -

            I was where you are tonight two and a half years ago. I weighed 311 lbs, at 5 ft 5 inches, had high blood pressure, was partially incontinent, asthma, arthritis, depression and severe epilepsy.  In a fall on a wet floor I tore the ligaments from my knee, requiring minor reconstructive surgery. I was supposed to heal with physical therapy in a month. It took me three. During that time I lost 18 lbs just because it hurt too much to get to the fridge. But it caused me to think. If it took this much to recover from this minor surgery, would I be able to recover from major?

            I began to diet. Nothing special the first year - just a set of rules. 1) Five small meals a day. 2) NO SNACKS 3) Walk as much as possible - for physical therapy as well as exercise 4) when I goofed or cheated, get over it and try again. Overeating is like alcoholism, except that we can't quit - we have to eat!

            In the first year I lost 75 pounds, going by these rules. Today, I'm at 170, and I'd like to get to 145, which is why I'm looking at this. The closer we get to our goal weight, the harder it is. The weight wants to stay!

            I am like you - I love chocolate and caffine. I've gone over to Diet Pepsi, which was hard, because I loved the sweet regular Pepsi. Now, it tastes like pancake syrup when I have to drink one. There is also sugar-free chocolate candy, for when you HAVE to have it, and diabetic candy.

            Walking is one of the easiest exercises to do, especially if you have been a couch potato. Begin parking your car farther from the door of the stores. Walk up the stairs instead of using the elevator. If you have to, get one of these little two wheeled, lightweight sack carts to carry things with you. (I did the same, only my luggage was a backpack on wheels for the books for my college classes.)

            Above all, don't give up! At times like the holidays, we tend to overindulge. Forgive yourself, and go on.

            Good luck -
            Milinda, Sherwood, Arkansas

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2009
              i am diabetic (type 2) and when i get craving for chocolate i reach for
              dark it contains less carbs i have been doing low carbs since nov 07 and
              have lost 65 lbs.all blood tests are in normal range now as well and have
              just this week gone off lipitor(cholestrol) so far so good!!!!