Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!

  • shaza_mubark2000
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
      hi don do not be desprate you can do it you can lose this weight just
      try many ways and i know you know this but i wll tell you about again
      try not to be nervise and be quit as possible . and try and do not
      eat too much also sleep well and not for long time and do any thing
      you want by your self so you will move alot and do not do that
      because you have to do it because you need it and you want it
      by the way my name is shaza if you want to talk to me and how old
      are you and where are you from ? i will be waiting 4 a msg 4m u . and
      i hope i was helpful to eat just twice aday

      --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Donald Burtless <oreo5665@...>
      wrote:

      > I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress
      on my knees. I ride my stationary bike but it does not seem like its
      enough of a work-out. Does anyone else have any ideas?
    • Jim Brix
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
        Hi Don!  You find that a bike is a 'non impact' form of exercise - yet you are not getting enough of a workout on it, right?  Åt the same time, you knees kinda prevent you and maybe others of doing anything that will inflame them even more, e.g. running, etc.?

        I had bad knees too, and carrying too much weight made them even WORSE!  It seemed that whatever I did to lose weight through exercise became a major problem!

        Then I found the answer (for me, anyway):  I discovered a "rebounder."

        This little gem is a floor form of a trampoline, and on it you simply "bounce."

        As such, you can  get as much of a workout as you want, from no-sweat, to dripping.  The nature of the device provides a non-impact surface, so my knees were THRILLED with this form of exercise and they no longer ache at night or after much walking or from standing too long in one place.   My knees don't complain to me anymore.

        The nature of rebounders is that it also provides a way of cleansing your lymph system in ways no other form of exercise can provide - and that includes treadmills, etc.  The lymph system in your body provides you with support to your immune system.  Hence, a strong and clean lymph system supports your health in general as a preventative to sickness.

        I have been rebounding for over 20 years, and do it nearly every day.  It can be done in short spurts (3 min, 10 min, 30 min, etc.) and you can even do it while watching TV or being on the telephone.  It's perfect for me - lol, and fit's my rigorous lifestyle.  My 7 year old grandson also loves to visit me, as he jumps to beat the band for hours, it seems.

        If you want to know more about rebounders, let me know.  I have helped a lot of people discover this relatively unkknown form of exercise.  There are a lot of inferior types of rebounders out there, so you need to know which ones are worth buying, and which ones are not.  Remember, you can rebound in your living room while the snow is piling up in your driveway and not have to go anywhere you don't want to!

        Tahitijim

        From: Donald Burtless <oreo5665@...>

        I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress on my knees. I ride my stationary bike but it does not seem like its enough of a work-out. Does anyone else have any ideas?

        Don
      • Donna Enzwiler
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
          Dear Don,
          Try focusing on upper body excercise with weights if your knees bother you.
          Also, I don't know if you have access to an indoor pool but swimming is a
          great way to excercise without putting stress on your joints.

          >I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress on my knees.
        • bruce & heather maness
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
            try brisk walking w/ a pedometer to track you... i love the feel
            after a good walk!! also try curves or other gym.. you may be able
            to try for free!!
            heather

          • tretim91@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
              Don do you have time 3 days a week to walk for half hour? You don't have to run just walk at a brisk pace. You need to find something you like to do. Then you will want to make the extra effort to do it. I promise the More you do the stronger you'll get and you body will become addicted to it & you'll have more energy. Don't expect it to fall into place all at the beginning it takes time. You care & that's a great start.
              Teresa

              wrote:

              > I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress
              on my knees. I ride my stationary bike but it does not seem like its
              enough of a work-out. Does anyone else have any ideas?
            • Amy Vachon
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                How can any of you run multiple miles? At my absolute fittest, I could barely make 3/4 of a mile without dying. On a treadmill. No "hills". I'm trying a new way of doing sit-ups. I take a coushin off the couch and place it on the floor then I sit on it and wedge my feet under the couch to do my sit-ups. I just need to find the time to do this. I would also like to get a bike. Although now its getting colder, I'm not too sure I could take the hills. Good luck!

                ________________________________
                From: kala west <kw2007rh2007@...>

                I think about all of you as I complete my two mile run tonight.
                Kala
              • kala west
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 5, 2008
                  Honestly walking is probably better for you! You could always try a dance video you need something that is going to keep your heart rate up for at least twenty minutes a day or a couple of days a week. Not sure if you watch Rachael Ray but this week there was a girl that watched her show as she walked the hour that Rachael Ray was on every day and lost over sixty pounds now that is an inspiration.
                  Good Luck to you!
                  Kala

                  --- On Wed, 12/3/08, Donald Burtless <oreo5665@...> wrote:

                  I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress on my knees. I ride my stationary bike but it does not seem like its enough of a work-out.
                • Julie Myers
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 5, 2008
                    Is this like those small tampolines?  I need something that doesn't hurt my knees either.  I work standing all day on the weekends and can hardly get out of the car somedays.

                    I am interested in this type of exercise.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 5, 2008
                      Hi Julie!

                      Thanks for writing about rebounders.  Yes, they are like floor trampolines, and if you want to read about them go to this site:  www.needak-rebounders.com and browse around.

                      Be sure to read the article from "Total Health Magazine" too - just click on the link.

                      I know there are other rebounders out there, as they reference in their site - but I KNOW Needak's are the best out there and mine is still solid and in great shape after 20 years of daily use!  The only thing I do is change the springs every 1 1/2 - 2 years, because they do get "tired" after so much bouncing.  Otherwise, they are maintenance-free.

                      If you want to know more, write me back.  I can get you a discount on a unit if you want to buy one.  They ship out of Nebraska.  Where are you located?

                      Jim

                      --- On Fri, 12/5/08, Julie Myers <myersj1015@...> wrote:

                      Is this like those small tampolines?  I need something that doesn't hurt my knees either.
                    • Donald Burtless
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 8, 2008
                        Teresa,

                        I walk all night at work. I think I may to try and walk faster or something. I was also thinking of getting an elliptical ( spelling?). I have really tried to get on the bike at least 3 times a week. Another person said to do it while you watch a favorite show.

                        Thank you for the ideas and support and I will keep you posted.

                        Don

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 9, 2008
                          Swithch up your exercise routines. Don't only have one. Your body gets used to that one routine and then you won't see any more progress. Instead of walking try something else. Good luck!

                          From: Donald Burtless <oreo5665@...>