Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!

  • Daniella Rakich
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 29, 2008
      haha I totally bombed on Thanksgiving :-( And I justify it by saying
      that my 81yr old grandmother only makes her almighty homemade stuffing
      once a year so why not stuff myself silly with it?? In all honesty I
      don't think I really gained any weight that day though. I had myself a
      real good work out today and I'm already back on track with my regular
      eating habits so hopefully I can still lose these few pounds!

      Danielle

      --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tiara L. Benford"
      <lastarr02@...> wrote:

      > Happy Thanksgiving and Good luck to everyone today!! We can do this!!

    • Amy Vachon
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 30, 2008
        I would think it's perfectly fine to 'pig out' on holidays if you keep your diet up the rest of the year. Good luck!

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
          i dont think alot of us made it though thanksgiving i didn't

          --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Daniella Rakich" <duqserb@...>
          wrote:

          > haha I totally bombed on Thanksgiving :-(
        • tretim91
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
            I agree that it is ok to let go for special days as long as you start
            back up fresh the next day. We are trying to change our lives, we do
            not want to set our selves up for failure. No one can go on forever
            eating only the best food choices. This is hard enough with out
            adding more stress for ourselves. I think if we do try to be perfect,
            which no one is, we will set our selves up for trouble in the future.
            So I am glad you enjoyed your grand mothers stuffing Daniella and Amy
            I agree that it is ok to eat what we choose on special days.

            --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Amy Vachon <babyroro2006@...> wrote:

            > I would think it's perfectly fine to 'pig out' on holidays if you
            keep your diet up the rest of the year. Good luck!

          • kala west
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
              You know what? You two were not alone I made dressing and ate some of it too!!! Did I eat the whole pan no but I had some did it affect my weight nope I am still the same weight I have only dropped the seven pounds. Did I hit the dessert table I can honestly say I did not.
              Girls we are changing our lives and I refuse to give everything up so if it is for special occasions have some and get back on the dieting boat afterwards.
              Kala

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                I have to be careful this month. Last month I had to update my food stamps which took almost the whole month to do. Grrr... but anyway last night my food stamps came in for last month and this month. We have twice the food stamps to splurge on for Christmas but I don't want to ruin my progress. We are planning on moving back to Maine in the spring once we fix our van so we feel safe in traveling that far. I want to look good when I see my family. My father came to visit in October and has been helping us a lot to get a better place to live until we figure out our next move. I've been trying different ways to exercise, I don't want to be fat when I see my family again.. Good luck!
              • kala west
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                  Good Luck!!!
                  You can do this Amy Keep your sights high and together we will suceed.
                  Remember you are not alone here all of us are an email away.
                  I think about all of you as I complete my two mile run tonight.
                  Kala

                  --- On Tue, 12/2/08, Amy Vachon <babyroro2006@...> wrote:
                  I've been trying different ways to exercise, I don't want to be fat when I see my family again... Good luck!
                • Donald Burtless
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
                    I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress on my knees. I ride my stationary bike but it does not seem like its enough of a work-out. Does anyone else have any ideas?

                    Don

                    kala west <kw2007rh2007@...> wrote:

                    I think about all of you as I complete my two mile run tonight.
                    Kala
                  • shaza_mubark2000
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                      hi don do not be desprate you can do it you can lose this weight just
                      try many ways and i know you know this but i wll tell you about again
                      try not to be nervise and be quit as possible . and try and do not
                      eat too much also sleep well and not for long time and do any thing
                      you want by your self so you will move alot and do not do that
                      because you have to do it because you need it and you want it
                      by the way my name is shaza if you want to talk to me and how old
                      are you and where are you from ? i will be waiting 4 a msg 4m u . and
                      i hope i was helpful to eat just twice aday

                      --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Donald Burtless <oreo5665@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress
                      on my knees. I ride my stationary bike but it does not seem like its
                      enough of a work-out. Does anyone else have any ideas?
                    • Jim Brix
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                        Hi Don!  You find that a bike is a 'non impact' form of exercise - yet you are not getting enough of a workout on it, right?  Åt the same time, you knees kinda prevent you and maybe others of doing anything that will inflame them even more, e.g. running, etc.?

                        I had bad knees too, and carrying too much weight made them even WORSE!  It seemed that whatever I did to lose weight through exercise became a major problem!

                        Then I found the answer (for me, anyway):  I discovered a "rebounder."

                        This little gem is a floor form of a trampoline, and on it you simply "bounce."

                        As such, you can  get as much of a workout as you want, from no-sweat, to dripping.  The nature of the device provides a non-impact surface, so my knees were THRILLED with this form of exercise and they no longer ache at night or after much walking or from standing too long in one place.   My knees don't complain to me anymore.

                        The nature of rebounders is that it also provides a way of cleansing your lymph system in ways no other form of exercise can provide - and that includes treadmills, etc.  The lymph system in your body provides you with support to your immune system.  Hence, a strong and clean lymph system supports your health in general as a preventative to sickness.

                        I have been rebounding for over 20 years, and do it nearly every day.  It can be done in short spurts (3 min, 10 min, 30 min, etc.) and you can even do it while watching TV or being on the telephone.  It's perfect for me - lol, and fit's my rigorous lifestyle.  My 7 year old grandson also loves to visit me, as he jumps to beat the band for hours, it seems.

                        If you want to know more about rebounders, let me know.  I have helped a lot of people discover this relatively unkknown form of exercise.  There are a lot of inferior types of rebounders out there, so you need to know which ones are worth buying, and which ones are not.  Remember, you can rebound in your living room while the snow is piling up in your driveway and not have to go anywhere you don't want to!

                        Tahitijim

                        From: Donald Burtless <oreo5665@...>

                        I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress on my knees. I ride my stationary bike but it does not seem like its enough of a work-out. Does anyone else have any ideas?

                        Don
                      • Donna Enzwiler
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                          Dear Don,
                          Try focusing on upper body excercise with weights if your knees bother you.
                          Also, I don't know if you have access to an indoor pool but swimming is a
                          great way to excercise without putting stress on your joints.

                          >I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress on my knees.
                        • bruce & heather maness
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                            try brisk walking w/ a pedometer to track you... i love the feel
                            after a good walk!! also try curves or other gym.. you may be able
                            to try for free!!
                            heather

                          • tretim91@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                              Don do you have time 3 days a week to walk for half hour? You don't have to run just walk at a brisk pace. You need to find something you like to do. Then you will want to make the extra effort to do it. I promise the More you do the stronger you'll get and you body will become addicted to it & you'll have more energy. Don't expect it to fall into place all at the beginning it takes time. You care & that's a great start.
                              Teresa

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                                How can any of you run multiple miles? At my absolute fittest, I could barely make 3/4 of a mile without dying. On a treadmill. No "hills". I'm trying a new way of doing sit-ups. I take a coushin off the couch and place it on the floor then I sit on it and wedge my feet under the couch to do my sit-ups. I just need to find the time to do this. I would also like to get a bike. Although now its getting colder, I'm not too sure I could take the hills. Good luck!

                                ________________________________
                                From: kala west <kw2007rh2007@...>

                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 5, 2008
                                  Honestly walking is probably better for you! You could always try a dance video you need something that is going to keep your heart rate up for at least twenty minutes a day or a couple of days a week. Not sure if you watch Rachael Ray but this week there was a girl that watched her show as she walked the hour that Rachael Ray was on every day and lost over sixty pounds now that is an inspiration.
                                  Good Luck to you!
                                  Kala

                                  --- On Wed, 12/3/08, Donald Burtless <oreo5665@...> wrote:

                                  I can't imagine running. I work all night and it puts enough stress on my knees. I ride my stationary bike but it does not seem like its enough of a work-out.
                                • Julie Myers
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 5, 2008
                                    Is this like those small tampolines?  I need something that doesn't hurt my knees either.  I work standing all day on the weekends and can hardly get out of the car somedays.

                                    I am interested in this type of exercise.

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 5, 2008
                                      Hi Julie!

                                      Thanks for writing about rebounders.  Yes, they are like floor trampolines, and if you want to read about them go to this site:  www.needak-rebounders.com and browse around.

                                      Be sure to read the article from "Total Health Magazine" too - just click on the link.

                                      I know there are other rebounders out there, as they reference in their site - but I KNOW Needak's are the best out there and mine is still solid and in great shape after 20 years of daily use!  The only thing I do is change the springs every 1 1/2 - 2 years, because they do get "tired" after so much bouncing.  Otherwise, they are maintenance-free.

                                      If you want to know more, write me back.  I can get you a discount on a unit if you want to buy one.  They ship out of Nebraska.  Where are you located?

                                      Jim

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 8, 2008
                                        Teresa,

                                        I walk all night at work. I think I may to try and walk faster or something. I was also thinking of getting an elliptical ( spelling?). I have really tried to get on the bike at least 3 times a week. Another person said to do it while you watch a favorite show.

                                        Thank you for the ideas and support and I will keep you posted.

                                        Don

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 9, 2008
                                          Swithch up your exercise routines. Don't only have one. Your body gets used to that one routine and then you won't see any more progress. Instead of walking try something else. Good luck!

                                          From: Donald Burtless <oreo5665@...>