hello new to group

  • dcondry74
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 29, 2008
      Hi everyone.

      My name is Donna, and I'm from San Diego, Ca. The city of golden skin,
      and size 0 swimwear.

      I'm starting the plan this weak. I tried a snack bar the other day, and
      it was pretty good. A little dry, but not nearly as bad as some of the
      others I've tried.

      I'm 33, will be 34 in November and weight 250 lbs. I have 3 boys , 13,
      10, and 4. I have been overweight now for 5 years. The last two times
      I've lost a significant amount of weight, I would get pregnant almost
      right away. But after my last one, I had things... tied off.

      I also have a thyroid problem. Hypothyroidism, and my doctor told me
      that now matter how much I exercise, I won't loose weight like everyone
      else. I have the "Leg Magic" and "The Total Gym" in my apt, but just
      don't have the motivation to get on them.

      I want to loose weight and be healthy for my family. The last time I
      was at the the doc, I was borderline high blood pressure. and probably
      close to being diabetic.

      My yahoo name is dcondry74 if anyone wants to IM me. Or Squeaksx2 on
      AIM

      Donna in San Diego, Ca
    • Cynthia Garr
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 29, 2008
        Hi Donna,

        I have Grave's Disease (hypothyroid).  You have me thinking now.  I am 51 years old and it seems to be harder to keep weight off.  Maybe part of the problem is the thyroid problem I have.  I only lost 3 pounds the first week.  That is better than gaining though.  One other problem I have is that I work second shift.  I am used to eating in the evening.  Oh well...I will keep trying.  Good luck to you!

        --- On Mon, 9/29/08, dcondry74 <dcondry74@...> wrote:

        I also have a thyroid problem. Hypothyroidism, and my doctor told me
        that now matter how much I exercise, I won't loose weight like everyone else.
      • Claudia
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2008
          I respect doctors dearly but alot of times what they say can
          psycologically stop you from success. OK they said it would be
          harder for you than others to loose weight, but it doesn't mean you
          can't. You have only been overweight fo rthe past five years which
          is good because you have'nt struggled with it your whole life. I
          commend you for still trying, I can't tell you how liberated I feel
          after loosing now 40 pounds, with the help of Special K products. I
          had developed alot of health issues because of the weight and now I
          am a completely healthy different person.If I had listend to the
          doctors I never would have tried. They told me because of my
          abdominal surgery I would never loose the pouch of fat above the
          scar tissue. Honestly my abs look better now than when I was 16. i'm
          talkig 6 pack. Cardio ballanced diet and Special K to fill in the
          blanks when i had the urge to snack.Good luck to you Donna - If I
          can do it you can do it.

          --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "dcondry74" <dcondry74@...>

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 30, 2008
            I've never heard it call Grave's Disease. I work in the evening as
            well. (430-10pm) then I come home and want to eat. Because I don't get
            a real lunch break, (less than six hours) its hard to eat a real dinner.
            Last night I took a snack bar to work, ate it as as soon as I got there,
            then ate a meal bar later for dinner with a bottle of propel. It
            worked. I wasn't hungry anymore, but I'm so used to snacking while I'm
            at work, I still went and got a bag of cheetos from the vending
            machine. Another bad thing, is that I work as a bookkeeper and sit on
            my butt all night and don't get much excersize.

            I pulled out my Leg Magic today and worked on it some. I can only do
            about 20 strides before I have to stop, then I'll go back 15-20 mins
            later.

            I'm only on day 2 so I'm looking forward to seeing some results in 2
            weeks.

            Good luck to you

            --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Garr <februarygirl24@...>
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 30, 2008
              Thanks!! I know I can do it, I've done it before, the only difference
              this time is I won't get pregnant again right away.

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
                I know what you mean! the older you get the harder it is to bounce
                back! I wish it was as fun to loose the weight as it was to put it on
                LOL! But good idea, enjoy your slim bod before having another
                Angel.Take some you time.

                wrote:

                > Thanks!! I know I can do it, I've done it before, the only
                difference this time is I won't get pregnant again right away.

              • Ingrid Joachim
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
                  hello everyone, I'm really new and afarid takin that first step of begining this program.I've never been able to stay true to any diet b4.An to top it off I from Trinidad ,alittle island in the Caribbean or the West Indies.I don't have any buddies who live close by that are on the Special K.Right now I'm over 170lbs an would love to drop to about 130lbs ,it's ashame that I live in this heat an can't enjoy wearin a bathsuit far less for a bikini.. mainly I would just love to be able to shop for clothes an not b so self consious

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                      Hi there,

                      I'm new to this group. I am 41 yrs old, homeschooling mother of seven. I also help my husband run our home business. I am 5ft and weigh in at a massive 78 kg. That is about 20 kg, or 40lb over my (health industry recommended) ideal weight, of 58kg. I live in New Zealand.
                      I have found these amazing Walk At Home DVD's and videos, by a lady called Leslie Sansone. www.lesliesansone.com
                      and I walk with her 5 times a week. I started at 1 mile (1.6km) which takes 15 minutes, and now can do 3 miles (4.2km) takes about 45 mins to do.
                      I can do it at home, and fit it around my children and husband.

                      I have lost 13 kgs so far, and am trying the Special K diet, to see if the two work together well. Leslie has a programme to work off a meal a day called the 10 day challenge, but I have never tried it. I know it sounds a bit bitsy to do two things at once, but I am trying to get in shape.

                      For any women in New Zealand on this list, what motivated me to start losing weight was to do the REAL Womens duathlon this past May.

                      I have booked in for two next year in Feb and Mar. It really keeps me motivated if I have a goal to work towards.

                      Regards

                      Robyn