Re: Losing the post-pregnancy baby weight

  • athompson0301
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 31, 2008
      Hi my name is Amanda. I actually took the special K challenge after
      my first son who I gained 80 lbs with and lost 50lbs. I had a bowl
      of special K for breakfast with skim milk, and oine for lunch. Then
      atea regular dinner and snack on special K bars. Then I had my
      second child about 2 years later I gained 30lbs did the same thing
      and lost it. I got pregnant a year later and just had my third
      6months ago. I gained 27lbs with him and have lost it but it just
      kinnda came off this time. I still have 40 lbs to go to get back to
      my original weight. I got my tubes tied this time so I am started
      running 1/2 mile yesterday and will do this combined with the above
      diet for 6 months and see what happens. Hope this helps
      God Bless
      Amanda
    • nicky627d
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 31, 2008
        ---hi my name is nichole i recently had a baby nine months ago and need
        to shed about fifty pounds my self that sound good how long will it
        take for me to see results.
      • empdugan
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1 3:40 PM
          Hi Nicole,
          I just went out and bought my food today. Hope I like it and can lose
          my weight. Baby weight came off me pretty quickly since I didn't have
          much time to eat.Of course I'm trying to remeber back 31 years ago.

          --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "nicky627d" <nicky627d@...> wrote:

          > ---hi my name is nichole i recently had a baby nine months ago and
          need
          > to shed about fifty pounds my self that sound good how long will it
          > take for me to see results.

        • Ethel Dugan
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 1 3:48 PM
            Wow 3 children to run after. Sounds like your really in touch with what it takes to get back into shape. Lifting light weights will also help. I guess lifting kids can accomplish that :)

            --- On Sun, 8/31/08, Amanda Thompson <athompson0301@...> wrote:

            Hi my name is Amanda. I actually took the special K challenge after my first son who I gained 80 lbs with and lost 50lbs.
          • naturalesque81
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 3 9:03 PM
              I'm home! LOL! I can relate to all the stories I've read!
              This is the reason I joined the challenge; another attempt at losing
              baby weight.

              Here's my story.
              My name is April. *Hi* I had my son exactly 25 months ago today by
              C-Section. My body was perfect after I came home cause I never had
              hips or butt LOL! So I was happy! I breast fed for about 3 months :(
              and as soon as I stopped, the weight started slowly coming back
              EVERYWHERE. I exercised, thought it was the BC so I got off those, got
              on diet pills twice, then started walking and running while being on a
              strict water diet but it looked like the weight just wouldn't budge. I
              even got checked to see if it was my thyroid but that came out normal.
              Well recently my husband and I have noticed my lower stomach is
              shrinking a little and my waist is appearing to slim down a little. So
              I weighed myself a few days ago and I was kinda shocked to see that I
              am the same weight I was around my due date two years ago! I'm not in
              denial, I know I'm big but when I saw that, I kinda got upset but was
              mostly embarrassed and kinda sad cause we noticed the weight loss (or
              maybe in this case inches?) and I felt like I had at least lost 5
              pounds LOL! Why is baby weight so hard to lose?
              The thing I think I will like about this challenge is that it's
              inexpensive and I won't have to buy a whole lot of stuff.
              So I hope this works and I'm going to start walking/running again.
              Pray for me! I pray you all are successful as well!!!
            • whnjj_08
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 4 11:00 AM
                Honestly I don't think the age had anything to do with it. I was 18
                when I had my first and by the time she was 2 months old all the
                weight was gone. I had my second when I was 19 and still haven't lost
                the weight. I had my third just 3 moths ago at age 21 and added even
                more on. I am in such a lose. I have tried everything I can think of
                to lose it but can't I am hoping that the Special K plan can help me.
                I have already tried deit pills and other food prgrams.

                --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "deeone75" <dawn.pereira@...>
                wrote:
                > Loosing weight was challenge this time around, but I had a strict
                > diet and exercise routine to get back to my old self. My husband is
                > my big mentor.
              • taylor_lashanda
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 13, 2008
                  Hey, my name is Lashanda and I recently(a month and a half) gave birth
                  to my son,and I gained 30lbs. I am in the military and I really need to
                  get back in shape and loose the 30lbs. Any advice with the special K
                  DIET?

                • Willow
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 19, 2008
                    Mine is a question, not a tip! I've never had a big weight prob - I'm
                    very athletically built, weight's bounced up & down, but in a 20#
                    range. When I had my DD, I dropped all the weight immediately - I was
                    one of those rare & lucky women whose tummy just went down as soon as
                    the baby came out. Then, I got Post-Partum Depression REALLY BAD. I
                    ate my way through the entire thing. Now, I'm WAY BIGGER than I was
                    preggo!! (minus the baby belly, thank God!) How do I get this weight
                    off? The #'s won'tbudge, or when they do, it's only about 5#, and it
                    comes RIGHT back. I know I need to exercise more (only walking... a
                    little), but, man it's hard to stick to a "diet", and I also fear I'm
                    doing something wrong. I've signed up for the challenge... we'll see
                    what happens! (I SERIOUSLY loves me some Special K, and I LOVE
                    nutrition bars, so maybe it will be easy!) Anything anyone can tell me?
                  • Vickie Halfacre
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 20, 2008
                      Hi willow, we have some things in common. You can either e-mail me or im on yahoo at pumpkindoohotmama07 take care vickie