Re: [SpecialKgroup] Hello!

  • ngozi horsfall
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 4, 2008
      i wish u good luck.i am starting this week.wish me luck too.

      --- On Sat, 8/2/08, evanescent_lightt <Evanescentlightt@...> wrote:
      My goal weight is to get back down to 140 wish me luck ^_^
    • sespaulding
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 7, 2008
        Hi Dorothy,
        We are hear to support you!! While I don't have any children, I am
        25 years old also and have, in the past, been in the position of
        needing to lose a significant amount of weight. I completely agree
        with your comment about your daughters' beauty....
        I would be more than happy to be buddies with you and check in
        daily.. My first goal is 6 pounds as well.
        I look forward to hearing from you,
        Stephanie

        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "lovemysoldier2003"
        <lovemysoldier2003@...> wrote:
        > I come here to support and be supported through my first 6 punds. I
        > take a vow to be HEALTHY and not SKINNY.

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 10, 2008
          I am chris.I have been half following the program.And started walking
          alot.I have lost a few pounds.I am going to start back on it strating
          Mon.Dose anyone know why they dont make the powder mix for your water
          in the mixed bery flavor? I like to had the powder mix to my water
          while at work.I really like the mixed berry flavor but they dont have
          it in our walmart??
        • ladysilent1619
          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 26, 2008
            Hi every one my name is Jessica and I'm new to the special K diet, so I
            don't know were to start or how it works if some one could give me some
            ideas it be great!
          • deadgrllivin
            Message 5 of 28 , Oct 2, 2008
              I plan on starting the challenge(I refuse to call it a diet, I
              prefer to think of it as me challenging my self) on the 11th.

              My big hang-up is trying to find easy exercises to do at home. I
              have bad back problems, and regular sit-ups are out. I'm trying to
              focus on my tummy, rear and thighs.

              My goal is to loose between 15 and 20 pounds in a month or so.

              Thank you, and hello!

              -Mel
            • Destiny Simon
              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 3, 2008
                Hay Mel
                I too have a back problem , and have found walking is great and you can walk as slow as you need to . I allso am trying the contor belt that stimulates your stomach to strengthen it. I'm hoping it works.
                Destiny

                My big hang-up is trying to find easy exercises to do at home. I
                have bad back problems, and regular sit-ups are out. I'm trying to
                focus on my tummy, rear and thighs.
              • Linda
                Message 7 of 28 , Oct 5, 2008
                  Hi!
                  I'm not calling it a diet either. I am a member of SparkPeople and Wellness360, that's what got me motivated to do the Special K. When Kellogg's had their Back-To-School rebate last month, that's when I went out and bought all the cereal to get started. I don't have any other products from that line.
                  Anyhow, I've always been a big soda pop drinker. I am done w/ it now, as of 2 weeks ago. I figure that I drank over 1000 calories a day, just in soda. So I'm hoping to see some results soon.
                  Linda

                  --- On Thu, 10/2/08, deadgrllivin <coffeeefreek@...> wrote:

                  I plan on starting the challenge(I refuse to call it a diet, I
                  prefer to think of it as me challenging my self) on the 11th.
                • joann ramos
                  Message 8 of 28 , Oct 6, 2008
                    hey linda
                    Iam also  member of spark ppl how is that going for u?  I don't log on enugh!  Pls let me know how this works for you the special k, I wanna try it just seems kinda hard to me. I got 25 to loosed. thanks

                    In His hands,

                    Joann L. Ramos

                    Message 9 of 28 , Oct 6, 2008
                      Are you a soda (pop) drinker? I have been a heavy soda pop drinker for about 20 years. My rheumatologist, says the way my hands look, it looks like my kidneys will be the first thing to go. So, I made up my mind, that I would stop drinking soda, about 2 weeks ago. I figure that has to free up 1000 calories a day for me, which should help me lose weight. Since I stopped drinking the soda, I don't have as much swelling everywhere in my body. I eat my Special K for breakfast, eat really well at lunch, because the food where I work is really good, and then usually have something light at dinner, or a regular dinner. Sometimes I just eat a bowl of Special K, if I'm not too hungry. This way, I can eat something healthy,  w/o feeling guilty. Oh, and I'm drinking mostly water. I also have tea at breakfast for the caffeine, so I don't get the withdrawal headaches.
                      Linda

                      --- On Mon, 10/6/08, joann ramos <joannlynne2@...> wrote:
                      let me know how this works for you the special k, I wanna try itjust seems kinda hard to me. I got 25 to loosed. thanks
                    • linda ramos
                      Message 10 of 28 , Oct 7, 2008
                        Hi Joann,
                        It's going great, I lost 4lbs. in four days.Ramos, that's my maiden name. What I did, I bought a small dress and have it hanging down my window. Also, I have two kids to think about, have to stay healthy.
                        Linda

                        --- On Mon, 10/6/08, joann ramos <joannlynne2@...> wrote:
                        Pls let me know how this works for you the special k, I wanna try it just seems kinda hard to me. I got 25 to loosed.
                      • katie_michelle77
                        Message 11 of 28 , Oct 8, 2008
                          I am going to find a size 12 jeans and hang them in my window!This is
                          the best idea ever! Thank you so much!

                          ________________
                          > What I did, I bought a small dress and have it hanging down my
                          window. Also, I have two kids to think about, have to stay healthy.
                          > Linda

                        • Vivien Powell
                          Message 12 of 28 , Oct 8, 2008
                            I did this and have it hanging on my closet door so I see it everytime I am in my room. I was also thinking about getting a picture of myself now to put on the fridge so when I feel like a craving I see the picture and it will give me the strength to close the fridge. We will see if it actually works though.

                            katie_michelle77 <katie_michelle77@...> wrote: I am going to find a size 12 jeans and hang them in my window!This is
                            the best idea ever! Thank you so much!

                          • kathleenrray
                            Message 13 of 28 , Oct 9, 2008
                              i just got an abrocket thing it is easy and works fairly well. Maybe
                              that could help...

                              renea

                              --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "deadgrllivin" <coffeeefreek@...>
                              wrote:
                              >> My big hang-up is trying to find easy exercises to do at home. I
                              > have bad back problems, and regular sit-ups are out. I'm trying to
                              > focus on my tummy, rear and thighs.

                            • instrumelodies
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jan 20, 2009
                                I've been on the special k diet before and did pretty well, then the
                                holidays came and there all my hard work went, right out the window. so
                                since i'm giving it another and FINAL go, i was looking for buddies i
                                can keep in touch with. so we can help eachother, so thanks again
                                ladies!