Re: Hello

  • russokatherine
    Message 1 of 165 , Jun 1, 2008
      Hi, Dee! I also am 59 years old, soon to be 60 on Monday (June 2nd!). I need to lose weight as well. I just joined the TOPS program on Friday but their program basically lets you chose whatever diet plan you want. The group was quite supportive. I've been researching which diet plan I want to go on to lose my unwanted pounds. I was about to go on the Dr. Perricone program but truly doubt if I could stick to it. I need something easier to handle. Somehow the Special "K" program came to my mind, so here I am! I am at 159 lbs, but want to be at 130 lbs. (my weight was usually 117, 120, but I was always cold. Feeling that at 130 lbs, it will be good for me. I no longer have the desire to be 117 or 120) I have not been able to lose the added pounds in over a year. Several years ago I couldn't even gain weight no matter what I ate or how much. But then all of a sudden, I gained 35 lbs almost overnight when I had thyroid problems. Going from a size 4-6 to a size 12-14 wasn't a pretty picture for me. So...here I am. Wanting to really do something about this weight gain, and looking at the Special 'k' diet. It looks simple enough. And I love the fact that my dinner meal can be whatever I want. Wow..how great is that? I'll continue to support you in your efforts if you'll support me. What do you say?

      --- Dee wrote:

      Hi, my name is Dee . I am 59 and wanting to lose weight for health reasons and I wouldnt mind looking nicer in my clothes.
    • glendalys.mendez
      Message 165 of 165 , Sep 28, 2009
        Hi Cristina. Sure I can. That would be wonderful. What would you like to know?