Re: 40-somethings...

  • cantchat66@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1 5:01 PM
      Hi everyone i am Janette, I am 41 and I weigh about 210 I would to lose about 85 pounds i lost alot of weight about 9/10 years ago then silly me i gained most of it back. What a diffrence time makes what worked 10 years ago dosen't work now. I walk to work and back about half a mile each way. I have been on and off the special k since the end of january I have lost about 10 pounds that I have kept off. My biggest problem willpower(or the lack of it) I own a restaurant, any suggestions on getting my willpower in high gear would be great. Good luck to all & I look foreward to hearing from you.
    • heidihal
      Message 2 of 11 , May 4 4:55 AM
        Hi Lynda,
        I definitely have the same problem. I never had a real weight problem and was pretty used to eating whatever I wanted. When I was younger I was more motivated to excercise . I find I only excercise once - sometimes twice a week now and I definitely have the tire thing and some back fat going on that was never there before. I seem to be so busy taking care of the needs of my family. Also whenever we entertain there's always tempting fattening food out. I'm 5'6" and up to 145 lbs. How are you doing with your diet. I just joined a few days ago and I'm not doing well. Did you see the secial on Discovery Health that said we should be walking for 30 minutes 5 days a week, heavy sweating aerobics at least once a week and weight lifting at least once a week? Who has the time?

        Heidi

        --- CDFDZR wrote:

        Hi, my name is Lynda and I was wondering if there are any other 40-somethings out there giving this a try.
      • cindales@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 5 4:13 PM
          Hello Everyone,

          My name is Cindy, and I have struggled with weight issues most of my life. Because of my yoyo dieting I now have a thyroid problem. It me about 7 months to lose 15lbs, and we had a tragedy in our family and now I have gained it all back in less than 7 months. So I started the special k thing today again.

          It's hard for me to lose weight, but it might take longer than we all would like. I'll admit eating the special K along with low fat, low calorie fruits, I felt a whole lot better. So tell me does anyone here eat the cereal twice a day or the cereal bars etc...
        • Nicole Cooley
          Message 4 of 11 , May 6 6:37 AM
            I just started yesterday and I like the chocolate peanut butter meal bars and the original cereal isn't so bad.  It doesn't taste like it's good for you (a.k.a. it's GOOD!).  LOL :)  I don't really care how much I weigh as long as I feel good and my clothes look good on me.  In fact I am not even sure how much I do weigh.  I measured myself and I want to loose a few inches and tone up.  I eat out a lot so eating healthier and getting my 3 year old daughter to eat healthier is a big obsticle for me.  I don't want my daughter to have weight issues, which are abundent on her father's side of the family.  I bought a stability ball & resistance bands and I started working out with those last night.  I wish everyone the best in their endeavours!

              Nicole
          • Toni Bush
            Message 5 of 11 , May 6 8:46 AM
              yes i eat the cereal and the snack bars.
            • carolinespassion
              Message 6 of 11 , May 6 12:27 PM
                Hi Cindy!!

                I recently turned 50 but still feel 40-something (except for those days when I feel 60-something!!). There is a difference between the CEREAL bars, the MEAL bars and the SNACK bars (each is labeled on the front of the box). The cereal bars are just cereal bars and can be used if you are in a hurry in the morning and can't sit down to a bowl of Special K. The meal and snack bars are higher in protein and fiber which help make you feel fuller and more satisfied. Eat SLOW. Also, when you are craving something sweet, try the K2O water. It has whey protein to make you feel full and also enough sugar to curb a craving. I have to lose 25 lbs. It was 35 but the first 10 is gone thanks to this diet. Just hang in there, every day. If you have a set back, don't let it prevent you from doing what YOU want to do. Just pick yourself up and go on. Good luck to you!!

                Caroline

                --- CG wrote:

                Hello Everyone,

                My name is Cindy, and I have struggled with weight issues most of my life.
              • Lisa Bambu
                Message 7 of 11 , May 6 2:09 PM
                  I'm on the verge of being anorexia,I had it when I was 17,now I'm 32 almost 33,I have a son 2 & a hubby who goes to school full time,so I so stressed,I work full time only 3 days but it's torture,12hr shifts,I off 4 days but it killing me,I trying to loose weight despertly,but nothing seems to work,I gonna get some diet green tea with citrus & try not eating,but my body has changed since I was 17,I get headaches now if I don't eat,I guess I have alot going on in my head,this life is hard with me only working,I stand by my hubby,but he been going to school like forever,well all take care,bye & good luck,my hubby is 50 & african
                • cantchat66@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 7 4:05 AM
                    Hi Nicole,
                    I am wondering about the resistance bands. What do you think of them?
                    Janette