Re: "Skinny" but need this diet!

  • mzdeidra@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1, 2008
      Glad there's someone like me! I used to drink coffee a LOT - but not really coffee - Starbucks Mocha Frapps. I drank it everyday to get energy, but I learned that it was all in my head. Also, the amount of energy I get from eating right - replaces the coffee. So I laid off of it and up until now I was drinking V8 Strawberry Banana Smoothie to perk me up in the morning. It's very good!

      I'm struggling already. This is my first day and I have been hungry throughout the whole day. I made my own personalized plan but I don't understand what went wrong. Are we supposed to follow the plan exactly as it is and not feel hungry or are we supposed to add other food to it? For example, instead of just cereal, eat fruit, yogurt, boiled egg. Or lunch, eat the meal replacement bar, fruit, salad. I followed the plan but I added in some fruit, yogurt, salad and is STILL hungry. Maybe it had to do with my choice of dinner (I had a Go Lean KAshi frozen entree) but even before then, I was starving.

      I was afraid to snack or eat more because I didn't know if I was going to mess up the plan or not. Anybody else is having this problem?
    • sally warren
      Message 2 of 20 , May 1, 2008
        try water.

        mzdeidra@... wrote:               Glad there's someone like me! I used to drink coffee a LOT
      • oceaneyes675
        Message 3 of 20 , May 1, 2008
          IM SO HUNGRY! IM GOING TO CHEAT!
        • Leticia Ortiz
          Message 4 of 20 , May 1, 2008
            don't cheat and don't give up
            make it as your goal
          • Leticia Ortiz
            Message 5 of 20 , May 1, 2008
              my grandma drinks a lot coffee but she only 50 yrs and i help her to drink water more
            • tashworth@oglethorpe.k12.ga.us
              Message 6 of 20 , May 1, 2008
                NO NO NO NO NO Don't cheat! I don't know your story, but honestly Jess, you are cheating only yourself! I hope I haven't offended you! We can chat if you need to chat to not cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0}
              • sailorleo33@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 20 , May 1, 2008
                  Yay, I'm not the only one. Everyone thinks I shouldn't diet - I'm 5' 7", and weigh 145lbs. My diet was terrible and is slowly getting better. So far the only problem is that it is cheaper to be unhealthy. Well, hopefully I'll stick with this!
                • miskeana@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 2, 2008
                    Hi:
                    I am 34 y/o, 5'6" , 136 lbs. My belly is turning bigger everyday and I am not pregnant, never been. So today I just decided to start tomorrow my Special K Challenge. It is my first diet, but my physical activity is not the same as before, but I have been eating the same quantity of food. So, wish me luck, I am planin to lose at least 10- 12 lbs. I will let you know how I am going with this. Hugs and success for all.
                  • oceaneyes675
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 2, 2008
                      Ok, so I only cheated a little yesterday : / I ate fries and hush puppies and fried fish at long john silvers for lunch! But that made me so full I only ate like 200 calories worth of cheezits for "dinner" (it wasn't much of a dinner!) I broke down and drank a large cappuccino from Tim Horton’s today too (my co-worker got it for me) but other than my cereal this morning and a little piece of banana bread (150 calories) that’s all I've eaten. I guess I’m not that motivated because I’m not trying to loose weight I’m just trying to be healthy. I’m trying really! I just hate feeling hungry! When I get hungry I tend to BINGE! AHHH! I tend to be more hungry during the day than at night (mostly because I sit at work bored all day) so do you guys think it would be ok for me to eat my big meal for lunch and do some cereal or something with around the same amount of calories for lunch? I feel like I'm making the rules up as I go haha! Hope everyone else is doing better than me!
                    • Tiffany Muresan
                      Message 10 of 20 , May 2, 2008
                        i definetly feel like you could have the big meal at lunch. i do that too.
                        i work at night so i have to do that too, its working ok for me...
                        but at your big meal, make it a healthy one. not too healthy but i mean no fried food girl! =]
                      • chocolatpleasur
                        Message 11 of 20 , May 4, 2008
                          Hey Deidra:

                          My name is Brit and I'm 25 from North Carolina. I just recently joined today, and I'm looking for someone to help my on this challenge. We have a lot of similarities when it comes to unhealthy eating. Even though I'm not considered overweight either, I have that pregnant look going on too, and I'm trying to lose about 15 to 20 pounds, which I think most will come from my stomach, hips, and thighs. I gained most of my weight when I was a sophomore in undergrad, but recently after I graduated from my specialty program, I have gained additional weight that I was in denial about until I tried to buy some new clothes, and I couldn't figure out if I had gained weight or if all the sizes had changed. I realized it was me with the problem when I couldn't fit into any of my old clothes except for my scrubs and one pair of old navy jeans with extra stretch in them. I have a hard time trying to find things that are good and healthy. I only like apples and grapes for fruit choices and I only like carrots for my raw veggies. I am a really busy person, so I barely have time to exercise, let alone plan out my meals. I recently started cooking my own meals when I have time, but when I buy out I try not to buy too much fried food or eat really large portions.

                          If I sound like someone you would want to partner up with, then let me know. I really want someone with a similar background and close in age to me, and you sound like you could be the person.

                          Thanks!!
                          Brit

                          --- Deidra wrote:

                          Hello! My name is Deidra and I am 24 years old from Louisiana.
                        • oceaneyes675
                          Message 12 of 20 , May 5, 2008
                            I know fried food is my weakness! I actually did loose 2 lbs though in the first week. I also went to the store last night and got some peanut butter meal bars for the first time (pretty tastey!) Once I eat everything I have I will have enough stamps to send away for the DVD has anyone tried it?
                          • tara_bruton@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , May 5, 2008
                              im wanting to get the dvd to and just started the diet and wat i eat as thirdmeals in it is smartone or south beach or lean cuisine microwavebles there really good!
                            • oceaneyes675
                              Message 14 of 20 , May 6, 2008
                                Dang Girl! How many diets are you on? Im just kidding, I like the smart ones too but its not enough food for me. I feel like I fast all day as it is!
                              • tesha_adolphe@yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 20 , May 7, 2008
                                  I NEED 2 GO ON A DIET BUT I NEED 2 FIND THE RIGHT ONE 4 ME SO I'M GOING 2 TRY THIS 1
                                • Toni Bush
                                  Message 16 of 20 , May 7, 2008
                                    i think saying going on a diet is making everyone a little crazy. i believe if we start saying i am just trying to eat healther i t would put some of us to ease.
                                  • oceaneyes675
                                    Message 17 of 20 , May 8, 2008
                                      I agree. I never tell people I am on a diet. They freak out and tell me I don't need to be on a diet and blah blah blah but there is something wrong with eating a whole bag of candy for lunch which is what I was doing before! I just need some healthy options that I like and that I don't have to cook!
                                    • soniya_rims@yahoo.co.in
                                      Message 18 of 20 , May 9, 2008
                                        take lot of water n roughage food