Re: [SpecialKgroup] I need some encouragement

  • Lettie B
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2008
      The SK diet is  a good thing to follow. Even if it means having a cookie now and then. But the trick is not to want to eat that cookie. By acquiring a different way to handle your cravings is as it is.
    • kgriffin99
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 2, 2008
        Hi Lettie, The one thing I learned over MANY years of dieting is that if you crave a cookie, have a cookie. The trick is to make it an effort to have and enjoy the cookie. Take a cookie out of the package, make a production of not having that cookie until the package is researled and put back out of reach, then sit down alone with the cookie, take nibbles, not bites, and savor it. it should take you 3-5 minutes to eat that cookie.

        I used to say, "I'll only have 1" then eat the box. Once I made it a huge production to have that one, then one is what I had.
      • anuat24
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 2, 2008
          HI, I am addicted to Coca cola.. Cant get enough of it!!! HELP!!!!! what should I do... tried stopping but I just get so tempted...
        • Linda Whitaker
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 2, 2008
            the original coke is as they say dope.  Cocaine seed, try and drink tea a real great tasting tea is Green Tea, by FUZE and tastes wonderful good luck

            anuat24  wrote:               HI, I am addicted to Coca cola..
          • alice conrad
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 2, 2008
              Hi!  My name is Melissa.  I read your e-mail and was wondering if you had tried the Coke Zero. I had the same problem as you but I switched to the Coke Zero and have done really well with it. In my opinion it tastes a LOT like regular Coke.

                  I hope this works as well for you as it did me and good luck!

                                                                        Mel
            • cejones3@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 3, 2008
                Have you tried Coke Zero....honestly, I can't tell the difference.
              • sabra_letendre@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 3, 2008
                  hi susie green tea is great i like the new white tea n razberrie i would like to chat and see if we can motivate each other i just signed to start at a gym tomarrow after work and the special k things seem to be ok except for the chochlae cereal,, the vanilla is the bomb though also i am doin a little south beach to i am trying for 40lbs good luck to you and god bless you
                • Lettie B
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 3, 2008
                    Whoa , something just hit me . I do not practice portion control! OMG
                  • A K
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
                      Thanks for the ideas/support.  I'm always lacking in willpower - I see those Girl Scout cookies & say aw, one won't hurt.  Then that leads to another....Then I hate looking at the scale and it either goes up or stays the same.
                    • Charley Walker
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 10, 2008
                        You have tell your mind that you never will loose weight until your stomach is hungry
                      • Murial Nesmith
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 14, 2008
                          Charley,

                          You do not have to be hungry in order to lose weight.  That is an extremely bad misconception and the reason so many people fail when attempting to lose extra tonnage.  There are many healthy foods we can eat,  eat as much as we want and lose weight.  Eat healthy, exercise, get no less than 8 hours of sleep a night, drink plenty of water and lose weight.  That's a guaranteed formula.  One of other thing that most people don't consider is stress.  Do you realize that the news is in the top ten things that causes BAD stress.  When we are stressed, we set off chemicals in our bodies that causes all kinds of imbalances.  But when we are happy, our bodies release endorphins that are like inside happy pills in our systems which causes healing  and fat to melt away.  There is good and bad stress.  If it causes me to be depressed, or unreasonably angry, it is bad stress.  I changed my lifestyle around Jan 23 and I have lost 25 lbs.  I eat better, exercise, drink
                          water like an elephant, laugh a lot (I did that anyway), so I laugh a lot more and I don't watch the news.  I don't know what specific problems you are having but I know you can accomplish your goal if you really want to and you are willing to put forth the effort.  There is no magic pill, not even Special K.  I don't eat a lot of Special K because, other than the original, the ones that are flavored have a lot of sugar in them.  I do eat a treat on the weekends and sometimes I break down and eat a treat during the week.  I hope I have said something to help motivate you to continue to move forward.

                          Thanks so much for the information on the turkey burgers.  I will never eat another one.  I didn't eat chitterlings before I discovered pork was some of the worst stuff you could put in your mouth.  I was raised on a farm and I know what is in guts.  Instead of chitterlings, we called them shitterlins when no adults were around because we would have gotten a hand across the mouth.  So, thanks, again.

                          Murial