Certified Translation

  • Marielena Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2002
      I have been offered a 100-page document for translation. I am not a certified translator. The customer is asking what is the procedure to certify the translation upon completion. Does the customer have to take the translated document to an agency or court for certification? Can someone advise as to the proper procedure?

      Do I have to send the translated document along with an affidavit signed by me and notarized, attesting to the accuracy of the translation?

      Thank you so much for any advice you can give me.

      Marielena

    • carmelitacerda
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2002
        --- In Spanish_English_Translation_Help_Group@y..., Marielena
        Gonzalez <marielenaglez@y...> wrote:

        > I have been offered a 100-page document for translation. I am not
        a certified translator. The customer is asking what is the procedure
        to certify the translation upon completion. Does the customer have
        to take the translated document to an agency or court for
        certification? Can someone advise as to the proper procedure?

        > Do I have to send the translated document along with an affidavit
        signed by me and notarized, attesting to the accuracy of the
        translation?

        > Thank you so much for any advice you can give me.
        >
        > Marielena

        > Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more
        > faith.yahoo.com

      • Frank Pool
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2002
          --- In Spanish_English_Translation_Help_Group@y..., Marielena
          Gonzalez <marielenaglez@y...> wrote:

          > I have been offered a 100-page document for translation. I am not
          a certified translator. The customer is asking what is the procedure
          to certify the translation upon completion. Does the customer have
          to take the translated document to an agency or court for
          certification? Can someone advise as to the proper procedure?...

          I have just joined the group and I was attracted by this message.7

          Where are you from Marielena? it might help to know that in every
          country there are differente procesdures as to certify translations,
          In Mexico -or at least from my State- I have been authorised by my
          University to certify translations I have signed every translation I
          have done and so far none of them have been rejected or questioned.

          but in other parts of the country, it is the US embassy the one
          providing certification, In Spain it is the Ministerio de Asuntos
          externos... etc.

          Please let us know how you managed.

          saludos
          Frank Pool