Spanish dictionary for Word

  • thomas2003at
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi,

      I got a new computer and there's no Spanish dictionary installed in Word. Does anyone know where I can find one to download? A private "selfmade" text file would also be fine.

      Best wishes,
      Angela
    • Kimberly
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
        You don't have the option to add it in with your
        installation disks that come with the computer?

        www.wordreference.com i use this as a dictionary, but
        I'm sure you want the spell checker part. I think you
        have to set the Word to Spanish language.

        Good luck.

        Kim
        --- thomas2003at <thomas2003at@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I got a new computer and there's no Spanish
        > dictionary installed in Word. Does anyone know where
        > I can find one to download? A private "selfmade"
        > text file would also be fine.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        > Angela

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      • stevecaps
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
          --- In
          Spanish_English_Translation_Help_Group@yahoogroups.com,
          "thomas2003at" <thomas2003at@y...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I got a new computer and there's no Spanish
          >dictionary installed in Word. Does anyone know
          >where I can find one to download? A private
          >"selfmade" text file would also be fine.

          Spanish (and other languages') spellcheckers are on the
          Word/Office installation CD. If the Spanish checker isn't already
          on your computer, run the installer and choose custom install
          (rather than EasyInstall). At some point, you should have a
          choice of which spellcheckers you need.

          Once the installation is done, open (or type) the document you
          want to check. Highlight the text. Under tools, choose
          "language" and mark the text as "Spanish." Then run the usual
          Word spellcheck/grammar check utility.

          --
          Steven Capsuto, Spanish-English / English-Spanish Translator
          Philadelphia, PA
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
            Hi,

            I didn't find this installation program on my computer before but now I've understood this.

            Thanks,
            Thomas
          • Scotty J
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
              Hola Angela,

              Tengo Word XP, y tengo el diccionario en espa�ol, as�, puedo mandarte el archivo que la program usa...

              Hm...or what I did I went to tools, and then add Spanish language, and if you do a spell check, it should ask you to add the Office CD in to install the language...but I have a problem with it too...when I did it for Italian it says it cannot find the file on the CD, so it may not work...or maybe it will :D

              Hola Esa,

              Aqu� encuentro esto:
              buler�as
              1 nombre femenino plural song and dance from Andalusia.

              bulevar
              1 nombre masculino boulevard.

              As� �qui�n sabe? :D Tal vez es un algo de un dialecto.

              1. Spanish dictionary for Word
              From: "thomas2003at" <thomas2003at@...>
              2. Bulebule
              From: "esaniemela" <esanie@...>

              Message: 1

              Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:24:53 -0000
              From: "esaniemela" <esanie@...>
              Subject: Bulebule

              Hi!

              Could you help me with one Spanish word?

              What means: bulebule
              in English?

              Thanks!

              Regards Esa