"My telephone number is..." in Spanish: Definite Article

  • Daniel Hanson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2013
      Hello, everyone!

      While going through my Spanish book, I noticed the following
      conversation:

      —¿Cuál es tu teléfono?

      —Es…

      Shouldn’t the person replying say, “(Mi [número de] teléfono) Es el ….”?
      Don’t native speakers always use “el” when giving out their phone number?

      Sincerely,

      Daniel Hanson

      Atwater, California, USA

    • apg gupta