Translation: "Seating Chart"

  • Daniel Hanson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2011
      Hello, everyone!

      I want to see how this idea is expressed by natives in the
      Spanish-speaking world. On the first day of school, my students have
      assigned seating. When they come into my classroom, they must look at the
      seating chart in order to find their seat. How do I say, “Look at the
      seating chart (and find your seat)”? The context is a teacher talking to a
      teenage student in high school on the first day of school.

      Here’s my attempt: “Mira la asignación de asientos (para saber dónde
      sentarte)”. Again, I want it to sound natural and authentic (something
      teachers say to their students in Spanish-speaking countries).

      Thanks for your input,

      Daniel Hanson

      Public High School Spanish Teacher

      Atwater, California, USA

    • alejandro delaluz
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2011
        “Look at the seating chart (and find your seat)”

        Encuentra el  lugar que te toca en el croquis.

        Alejandro de la Luz Dávalos