"Territorial" (people's behavior)

  • Daniel Hanson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2011
      Hello, everyone!

      Today I was talking in Spanish with a lady from Hondura who teaches Spanish in the United States. (She is very educated in her first language.) She used the term "territorial" to describe a person who likes to defend her territory, her own. I am familiar with this usage in English, but was unaware of such a usage in Spanish. I've checked a few Spanish dictionaries, but found no definitions supporting such usages in Spanish. Do you think this is a "calco semántico del inglés"? Is it something used in certain regions of the Spanish-speaking world?

      Thanks for your input!
    • alejandro delaluz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2011
        Yo he escuchado mas ese termino para cuando se habla de animales

        Alejandro de la Luz Dávalos