Dejavo or Trados or neither?

  • Maria Garcia
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
      Hi, I am new to this group and wanted to say hello. I am a translator of English/Spanish.
      I am thinking of buying Trados or Dejavu but I am not sure since they are rather expensive. Are they really worth it? If you have some experience I`d love to hear your comments.
      Thanks a lot.

    • alejandro delaluz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2007
        Hello and wellcome to the group my name is Alejandro,
        from time to time I know about this Group, not many
        massages lately to be honest, but I am at your orders.
        I don't know much about the software that you mention
        have never used them

        Alejandro de la Luz Dávalos
        Ciudad de México
        --- Maria Garcia <latraductora1@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am new to this group and wanted to say hello.
        > I am a translator of English/Spanish.
        > I am thinking of buying Trados or Dejavu but I am
        > not sure since they are rather expensive. Are they
        > really worth it? If you have some experience I`d
        > love to hear your comments.
        > Thanks a lot.

        > removed]

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
        http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
      • Hector D. Calabia
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2007
          Maria Garcia, 18:19 11/02/2007:
          >Hi, I am new to this group and wanted to say hello. I am a translator
          >of English/Spanish.
          >I am thinking of buying Trados or Dejavu but I am not sure since they
          >are rather expensive. Are they really worth it? If you have some
          >experience I`d love to hear your comments.
          >Thanks a lot.

          I suggest you read my article on Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) at:
          <http://www.ndet.org/foro/showthread.php?tid=46>. It has been very recently updated.

          Regards,

          Hector D. Calabia
          Translations and DTP into Spanish from English, Italian and Portuguese
          http://www.proz.com/translator/6200
          Member of ASETRAD
          Skype user: hectordc
        • anthony baldwin
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 21, 2007
            Hector D. Calabia wrote:

            >Maria Garcia, 18:19 11/02/2007:
            >

            >>Hi, I am new to this group and wanted to say hello. I am a translator
            >>of English/Spanish.
            >>I am thinking of buying Trados or Dejavu but I am not sure since they
            >>are rather expensive. Are they really worth it? If you have some
            >>experience I`d love to hear your comments.
            >>Thanks a lot.
            >>

            >I suggest

            OmegaT - http://www.omegat.org
            Free, Open Source Software translation memory program, written in Java,
            functions
            on all major platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac).
            I use it.

            tony

            --
            http://www.BaldwinLinguas.com