Term of Payment: 5 days net

  • Vanessa
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hello,
      I´m translating an invoice and want somebody to confirm if my belief
      is true or not.

      NET referred to day, I believe is the same as "business day", this is
      to say, "días laborables", as if it were "días naturales" it should
      be "calendar days". In addition, I assume that if "net" in a financial
      context means taking out expenses, debts, etc, in a time context it
      should mean: taking out weekends and bank holidays.

      Do you think my assumption is right and I should translate it as "5
      días laborables"?

      Thank you all for your views.

      Vanessa Bech
    • pablo mones
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hello Vaness:
        ¿Have you considered "conco días hábiles?
        Regards

        Pablo

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
          The term "net 5 days" is usually used in the content of something
          like "2% 5 days, net 30 days" and it means you get a 2% discount if
          you pay within 5 days but if you don't take the discount, the payment
          is due in 30 days... if it's just "net 5" I would think it means pay
          the amount due within 5 days....
        • tere aicardi
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
            Hi,

            I entirely agree with John.

            Tere Aicardi

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
              Hi,

              If you are translating an invoice, to my understanding, John Kelly's suggestion is the right one!

              Tere Aicardi

              ¿Have you considered "conco días hábiles?
              Regards

              Pablo

              I´m translating an invoice and want somebody to confirm if my belief
              is true or not.

              NET referred to day, I believe is the same as "business day", this is
              to say, "días laborables", as if it were "días naturales" it should
              be "calendar days". In addition, I assume that if "net" in a financial
              context means taking out expenses, debts, etc, in a time context it
              should mean: taking out weekends and bank holidays.

              Do you think my assumption is right and I should translate it as "5
              días laborables"?

              Thank you all for your views.

              Vanessa Bech

              Correo Yahoo!
              Regístrate ya - http://correo. espanol.yahoo. com/

            • tere aicardi
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
                Hi,
                You are right Pablo in a financial context (and she is translating an invoice!)your suggestion is great!!

                Tere Aicardi