Re: Need Help with translation

  • Daniel R Hanson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2005
      Hello, Randy!

      It's not just a few words. The punctuation is bad. I will translate
      the text for you with the correct punctuation. (By the way, never have
      an automatic translator translate for you because it's going to be
      poorly translated or too literal.)

      Here it goes:

      [¡Hola!]

      Hello

      [¿Cómo estás?]

      How are you?

      [**SOY** Diana.]

      This is Diana.

      [¿Por qué no me escribiste más?]

      Why haven't you written to me any more?

      [Espero que estés bien.]

      I hope you're all right / okay.

      [Besitos para ti.]

      Greetings/Yours Truly. (Literally, kisses to you because in Hispanic
      culture, it is very common for people to greet or say good-bye by
      kissing each other on the cheek. Spanish speakers are more
      affectionate than Americans.)

      [Ya no trabajo más allá.]

      I don't work there any more.

      [Saludos.]

      Greetings / Good-bye!

      [¿Cuándo vuelves para la isla?]

      When are you planning on coming back to the island?

      [Saludos.]

      Greetings / Good-bye!

      [Nos estamos hablando.]

      See you! or We'll be in touch!

      Randy, I hope that helps you understand what Diana wanted to tell you
      in Spanish.

      Sincerely,

      Daniel el Gringo

      P.S. Tell her she need to try using a spell-checker in Spanish, lol. :)

      --- In
      Spanish_English_Translation_Help_Group@yahoogroups.com, "randyallen.rm"
      <RandyAllen@r...> wrote:
      > I met a spanish lady and she wrote me an email. I have run it
      through
      > a couple of translation programs with different results. Could
      > someone please translate this to English. I think a couple of the
      key
      > words are spelled wrong.
      > Thanks
      >
      > hola como estas es diana , por que no me escribistes mas
      > espero que estes bien besitos para ti ya yo no trabajo
      mas
      > a ya saludos cuando vuelves para la islasaludos nos
      > estamos hablando ..............................................
    • jabriol
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2005
        "randyallen.rm" <RandyAllen@...> wrote:

        hola como estas es diana , por que no me escribistes mas
        espero que estes bien besitos para ti ya yo no trabajo mas
        a ya saludos cuando vuelves para la islasaludos nos
        estamos hablando ..............................................

        -> how are you doing Diana? why haven't you writen? hope you are doing well, kisses for you, I am not working, greeting and when you return to the island we will talk.

      • shawn regan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2005
          Hi, How are you?
          This is Diana.
          (litterally).. Why don't you write to me more often?
          (But probably is intended more like)... I would like
          to hear from you more often.
          I hope you are well.
          I send you kisses.
          I do not work anymore.
          (( the "a ya" is probably an error in the font when it
          converted from one of the special caracters. But - if
          she is not very litterate it could be a phonetic
          spelling of "allá" and the line would read "I don't
          work there anymore". ))
          (( the rest is kind-of choppy and doesn't make a lot
          of sence. Perhaps "cuando vuelves para la isla" is a
          question... "when are you comming back to the
          island?"))

          ... we were talking ...

          Thanks
          Shawn