Re: Help needed

  • Daniel R Hanson
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2004
      --- In Spanish_English_Translation_Help_Group@yahoogroups.com,
      Meghnad Kulkarni <cinemegh@y...> wrote:
      > Can you translate the following slogAns inTO SpaNish for me?:
      >
      > 'Put a sparkle in her eyes 'Para Amor,

      Here you go, Cinemegh:

      Hazle brillar los ojos por amor. (You want to say, "Put a sparkle in
      her eyes for love," in the sense that the person is doing it out of
      love?)

      > Gold is old. Think diamonds!

      El oro no es ninguna novedad. ¡Piensa en los diamantes!

      > Everything that glitters is not Gold- Its 'Diamonds'

      No todo lo que reluce es oro sino 'diamantes'.

      Or:

      No todo lo que brilla es oro sino 'diamantes'.

      I hope that helps you out, Cinemgh. I didn't know what to make out
      of "para amor". Was that your translation or was that what the
      original text said? All of these sentences sound like the came
      straight from a diamond commercial.

      Sincerely,

      Daniel el Gringo