Covington Pagan Pride Day

  • Jeanette
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2011
      Hello!

      Covington Pagan Pride Day is Sunday, August 28, 2011 from 11 am to dark! at Goebel Park in Covington Kentucky!

      We are looking forward to a great year yet again! We have several returning vendors and performers.

      Confirmed Performers:
      Tree of Life
      Mayan Ruins with Zahara
      Chakras

      Confirmed Vendors:
      Two Old Witches
      Pagan Presence
      Ms. Hattie
      Gangrels Lair - one of a kind staffs
      Hedwig
      Amber Hammer Creations
      Tamara's Party Hats - She will be our first wandering vendor! She sells beautiful witch hats and jewelry

      Readers:
      Ron Muskoph
      Artist Charles Brown will be painting Aura Pictures and his partner will interpret the meaning for each customer

      Rituals:
      Warrior Blessing
      Opening Rituals
      Kid's Autumn Harvest Ritual

      Workshops:
      We are going to have 2 or 3 workshops. When the details are set, I will let everyone know!

      We are still accepting offers for performers, volunteers, vendors, workshops, musicians, dancers, lectures, speeches, rituals, and art to display. Please contact us ASAP with your suggestions and offer! Please visit our new website http://covingtonppd.webs.com/

      Our MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/covingtonppd

      Our Facebook http://www.facebook.com/covingtonpaganpride

      What is Pagan Pride Day?

      Pagan Pride Day (or PPD) is an annual event, held worldwide by local Pagan communities in an effort to promote and educate the non-Pagan community about Paganism. The idea comes from the national Pagan Pride Project, which held its first events in 1998. The primary purposes of the project is "[T]he advancement of religion and elimination of prejudice and discrimination based on religious beliefs."

      Events are held worldwide... from California to the United Kingdom, and back! during a specific window of time centered around the Autumn Equinox. Key features of any PPD will be a main Harvest Ritual, a food drive, charitable collections, networking opportunities, workshops, information booths, music, demonstrations, and shopping!