Covington Pagan Pride Day August Announcement

  • Jeanette
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2010
      Saturday September 4th, 2010 at Goebel Park in Covington Kentucky! Less then a month away!

      We are looking forward to a great year yet again! We have several returning vendors and performers.

      Mayan Ruins, Chakras and Tree of Life will be returning to perform. New performer Robbie Tieman will end the evening for us. Have a listen to Robbie on his Myspace http://www.myspace.com/robbietieman

      Ron Muskoph will be doing readings and he will also be presenting a workshop on past lives! Corina will join us again doing I Ching readings.

      We are still accepting offers for performers, volunteers, vendors, workshops, musicians, dancers, lectures, speeches, rituals, and art to display. Please contact us ASAP with your suggestions and offer! Please visit our new website http://covingtonppd.110mb.com
      In the tough economy we are having, we keep hearing "I want to vend but don't have the money at this time for the vendor fee." Bonnie and Raven decided to help everyone out by offering to let you pay your vendor fee at the end of the day. We want you to make money and we want you to get the exposure for your business. So go to the website, print off the vendor form and make a note that you will pay at the end of the day!
      We have a new addition this year: a Pagan Swap Meet. Bring something you no longer want or need, and swap it for something you just can't live without! Everything is acceptable if it is usable. Anything left over will be donated to Welcome House, so please don't bring your trash. Examples: books, household goods, linens, toys (especially learning toys) baby items, backpacks, kitchen items, camping gear/chairs, lamps, etc. Also swap-able: pagan wares (like tarot decks you don't want), altar items you don't want/use, candles, censors/incense burners, statuary, etc. There will be a large area set up for this. So come on down and swap away! Let's keep our stuff out of the landfills and swap it for something we can use! One man's trash..... you know!

      Returning again is out Altarscape in the gazebo. You can see pictures of past altars on our myspace page. We would love to have a variety of paths represented again. Security is always posted in this area to protect our sacred items!
      We will have a food vendor if you get hungry but there is plenty of green space to bring a blanket and a picnic lunch! We also encourage bringing you folding chairs and drums or other musical instruments for impromptu music and drum circles!

      Our MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/covingtonppd

      Our Facebook http://www.facebook.com/covingtonpaganpride

      What is Pagan Pride Day?

      Pagan Pride Day (or PPD) is an annual event, held worldwide by local Pagan communities in an effort to promote and educate the non-Pagan community about Paganism. The idea comes from the national Pagan Pride Project, which held its first events in 1998. The primary purposes of the project is "[T]he advancement of religion and elimination of prejudice and discrimination based on religious beliefs."

      Events are held worldwide... from California to the United Kingdom, and back! during a specific window of time centered around the Autumn Equinox. Key features of any PPD will be a main Harvest Ritual, a food drive, charitable collections, networking opportunities, workshops, information booths, music, demonstrations, and shopping!