Covington Pagan Pride Announcement March 2009

  • J
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2009
      Things are coming together quickly and we are pleased with the support everyone has shown us thus far. The date is August 29, 2009 from 10:30 am to dark at Goebel Park in Covington, Kentucky.

      Entertainers

      We already have an awesome line-up for performers and musicians!

      Tree of Life featuring performances by Dante’s Gypsy Circus!

      Mayan Ruins will be joining us again this year with the beautiful Zahara performing for us.

      Singer and songwriter Jesikah Saetera will be performing for us this year. She has an
      amazing voice and awesome lyrics! Check out her webpage to have a listen!
      http://www.jesikahsaetara.com/music.html

      If you were at the Witches Ball, you will recognize the mind blowing sounds of Chakras! They are exciting to be performing at Pagan Pride Day this year!

      Michael Spider will be joining us from Lexington. It is so hard to describe in words what he sounds like. You just have to go to his myspace for some sample tracks!

      http://www.myspace.com/michaelspider888

      And, of course,
      Dragon Bob will be there with his drums and various instruments throughout the
      day!

      You can visit any of our performers MySpace pages by visiting ours
      http://www.myspace.com/covingtonppd

      Workshops

      We are very excited about our divination workshops and presentations we have lined
      up thus far.

      White Tala Tarot Society (formerly known as Cincinnati Tarot Guild) will be presenting 2 workshops about tarot reading. The titles of the workshops are Basics I&II and Tarot Weaving 101. More information will
      be provided in the future. www.cintitarotguild.com

      We will have a presentation on pendulums and their use by LoneWolf

      There will be an opportunity to make a corn dollie for ritual use at Imbolc. This will be a fun family
      activity!

      Vendors

      Returning from last year is MoonStar Garden. They present an array of woodburn boxes, natural body products, and home made incenses. http://www.myspace.com/moonstargardencreations

      Gothic Edge will join us again with there beautiful jewelry and blades.

      Readers, Psychics, Healers

      We are still looking for people to read tarot, tea leaves, give psychic readings and advice, etc. If you are interested, please contact us ASAP!

      Altarscapes

      Returning from last year we will be featuring Altarscapes (see the photo albumn at the myspace page). This is an opportunity for folks to see different ways altars are set up. Last year we had
      a fairy altar, 2 Eqyptian altars, and a handfasting altar. Are you will to share your altar with everyone? Security will be present at all times so no one can pocket or touch altars.

      Art Exhibit

      New this year, we will have a large tent set up for an Art Exhibition. We are looking for Pagan artists to display their work. Security will be on staff to watch this area closely so you do not have to worry about fingers touching or walking off with your work. If you are interested in displaying your work, let Raven know asap!

      The most important part of Pagan Pride Day is to get together with like minded individuals and celebrate our religion, our friendships, to make more friends, and maybe even reconnect with old friends. We will have grilled food items available to purchase as well as soft drinks and water.

      We will be collecting canned goods, personal hygiene products and school supplies for
      Welcome House located in Covington, Kentucky. If you don’t know about the wonderful things Welcome House does, please visit their website at http://www.welcomehouseky.org/

      We have much much more in the works for Covington Pagan Pride Day! Please visit our myspace page for the latest, breaking announcements. Raven has worked very hard on maintaining the MySpace page and also on our official website http://www.covingtonppd.org

      If you would like to participate somehow, contact us ASAP