Re: [Southern_Ohio_Pagans] Re: A ka sha

  • chakra37
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
      Yes the Abrahamic religions caused a rift - divinity was externalized.
      Crowley’s classification of human time in terms of aeons is interesting
      and is classed according to the Egyptian neters. The Aeon of Isis
      refers to the time of mother goddesses, primal shamanistic hunter-
      gatherer societies in small clans very reliant on fertility. The Aeon
      of Osiris came about when society massed up and priesthoods
      developed. Cities, larger-scale warfare, power, government and
      wealth became important. The slain and resurrected god as Osiris
      and it’s most notorious manifestation Christianity became the
      rite of the era (at least in the Middle East and the West). Crowley
      proclaimed the Aeon of Horus, the Crowned and Conquering Child
      of Force and Fire to cut through the repression and hypocrisy
      of his Victorian times. Hippies, drugs, fast world travel, instant
      communication, religious experimentation, the internet can be
      seen as aspects of this breakdown. Concurrently, there is the
      hidden (silent) Aeon of Maat proclaimed by Nema ( a local
      magickian) which involves orienting ourselves with the ecology
      of earth and being not the dominion over nature proclaimed by
      Christians and Scientists but seeing our interconnectedness to
      the natural cycles.

      Finding the Big Dipper and Orion are the highlights of my
      astronomical observation skills. I always thought of astrology
      as a bit more arbitrary than that (especially in its interpretation)
      but it does make sense the way you say it - that momentary cosmic
      energy is captured somehow in our form. The Tibetan texts say
      that we choose our parents - that we see them copulating and
      an emotional desire reaction develops towards one parent and
      the being wandering in the bardo enters the womb. Perhaps
      something occurs here at the moment of conception or as we are
      physically forming in the womb - but I suppose we meet the
      cosmos as an individual at birth.

      As for falling asleep try sitting on the edge of a precipice or
      putting a tazor a few inches from you or hiring a zen master
      with a stick - just kidding. Zoning out is OK if it is not dullness.
      It has been said that fear and anxiety are the dominant states
      of the human mind. (likely due to survival instinct) In these states
      we are searching for samskaras, or karmic impressions with which
      to engage. That is why it is said that most all that appears before
      us is a result of these imprints.

      I don’t know about membering but it is a practice to observe
      yourself falling asleep as there is a brief access to very subtle mind
      that we are normally to aware.

      Akasha is also the element of space. In one of the Upanishads it is
      said that breaking a pot does not affect the space within it and in
      the same way the destruction of the body does not affect the subtler
      Self. In the Insight traditions of Mahayana Buddhism such as
      Mahamudra and Dzogchen it is said that the mind is like space,
      uncontainable, without boundaries or form. It cannot be found
      anywhere yet it appears. Space is the most subtle of the five elements
      and contains the potentials of the other four. I remember in a science
      or physics class hearing about an atom being mostly empty space,
      the mass concentrated in the protons, like a few pennies on a football
      field. The rest was empty space save for energy fields. Anyway, so
      even matter is mostly space. I have never come across the “akashic
      record” in my readings of eastern texts. According to Wiki it is a term
      coined by theosophists and taken up by modern mystery schools and
      new agers. However, I do think such knowledge of record may occur
      perhaps appearing in the wisdom eye of enlightened beings. You seem
      to think there is record encoded in the stars and perhaps so. Your ideas
      of Time moving and energy symbiosis are interesting. I am still a little
      "slow" at following but maybe I red through again some time.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2008
        Hi Sage,

        In terms of meditation, mindfulness on the object, or support
        of the meditation is emphasized. Buddha taught the four foundations
        of mindfulness as mindfulness of the body, sensations, the
        mind/mentalfactors, and dharma (nature of things). Using the breath
        as the object/support of meditation is said to include all four of
        these. It is always moving/changing from our birth to our death. To
        do nothing but observe it and when our mind wanders to come back
        over and over to the technique (to re-member) is quite simple to
        explain but to actually be able to keep one-pointedness is very
        difficult for most. When one becomes adept with a support one can
        practice without a support, ie a highly trained way to "zone out"

        In Mahamudra meditation one uses the mind itself as the
        focus. Gazing at the sky (both day and night) is recommended
        since the mind is said to have similar qualities. Any kind of
        scrying or gazing without looking for anything, only observing.

        Being mindful of one's surroundings, paying attention to
        things, being aware of what's in the background, keeping
        track of what you are doing, memorizing things, being
        aware of other's situations - these are all good support and
        obvious advantages in many spheres. So be alert. The world
        needs more lerts. We are just pagan scum anyway!