Planetarium star balls

  • robertb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2010
      Sometimes, when retirement bores me, I search ebay for words such as eyepiece, telescope, observatory, and planetarium---highest price first.

      This time I found something very interesting under "planetarium". I wish I had enough use for this to be worth buying it!

      From ebay:

      The skies which graced Denver's Gates Planetarium can be yours!! Whether you're looking to repair an instument or create your own (that's what I was going to do - contact me), here's an example of a fine Minolta sky which can be yours inexpensively! HEAVY FOR SHIPPING!

      "BUY IT NOW" also gets you the slip-ring-equipped rotating bearing for joining the two balls together into one unit and the motor to drive it in rotation, PLUS a number of extra projectors (constellation, Milky Way, etc.)