Re: August events and Orlando area viewing location request

  • Spirit of the Night
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2007
      Jeremy,

      I lived on the NE side of Orlando, and I'm not sure what areas on the
      E side are left with all the growth. But a couple that used to be
      pretty good were Ft Christmas and a little park/boat ramp on SR 50 out
      past Bithlo. Ft Christmas closes at sunset, but they used to allow
      people to park in the field along the drive into it for events like
      this. I recommend that you give them a call and ask. Another
      possibility is Harmony near St Cloud. You can also check with the
      Central Florida Astronomical Society and the Brevard Astronomical
      Society, both are listed in the "Links" section of Southern Nights.

      Laurent