RED MOON RISING! Total Lunar Eclipse Viewing

  • Laurent Pellerin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2007
      Seminole Community College Planetarium

      Press Release 022007

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      RED MOON RISING! Total Lunar Eclipse Viewing

      DATE: SATURDAY: MARCH 03, 2007
      TIME: SUNSET
      LOCATION: Seminole Community College Planetarium
      100 Weldon Blvd, Sanford, Florida
      COST: FREE
      PUBLIC INFORMATION: 407 708 2409
      Press Contact: Laurent Pellerin
      SCC Planetarium Operations & Production
      100 Weldon Blvd
      Sanford, FL 32773
      PelleriL@... Office: 407 708 2409
      Cell: 386 473 9622

      TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE PARTY SATURDAY, MARCH 03, 2007 at SUNSET

      The Seminole Community College Planetarium, in conjunction with the Central Florida Astronomical Society would like to invite you to witness the first Total Lunar Eclipse seen from Central Florida in over two years! Please join us at Sunset on Saturday, March 3rd to observe the Red Moon Rising in the sky. The moon will be rising in Central Florida in the middle of totality, therefore the eclipsed moon will be seen rising in the east right after sunset with a reddish crimson hue. Telescopes will be set up for viewing. Our view of the eclipse starts right after sunset and will last about 1 hour and fifteen minutes.
      The Eclipse will begin at 6:25 PM for Orlando;
      And the Eclipse will end at 7:44 PM.

      By far the best way to enjoy the Lunar Eclipse in Central Florida is to attend RED MOON RISING at the Seminole Community College Planetarium in Sanford. We will have telescopes available for the public to look through for FREE! Experts will also be on hand to answer any questions.

      As always, News Media are welcome at our events.

      Please Note:
      Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.