Press Release 012207: World Premiere of “Port of Call: MARS!”

  • Laurent Pellerin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2007
      Seminole Community College Planetarium

      Press Release 012207

      For Immediate Release

      Contact Person: Laurent Pellerin,
      Operations & Production Manager
      SCC Planetarium
      100 Weldon Blvd
      Sanford, FL 32773
      407 708 2409 (office)
      386 473 9622 (cell)
      PelleriL@...

      World Premiere of “Port of Call: MARS!”
      Date: Saturday, February 3, 2007
      Location: Seminole Community College Planetarium, Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, Bldg B, 100 Weldon Blvd, Sanford, FL 32773
      Time: 8:30 PM
      Cost: $4.00 Adults; $3.00 School-Aged Children (K-12th Grade,) $3.00 Seniors (55+,) Free to SCC Students and Staff with SCC Photo ID.

      World Premiere of “Port of Call: MARS!”

      The SCC Planetarium will be premiering its latest original production, “Port of Call: MARS!” at 8:30 PM on Saturday, February 3, 2007. We would like to welcome the Central Florida public aboard the U.S.S. "Star Dancer" of Virgo Galactic Interplanetary Cruise Lines for our inaugural voyage. The first Port of Call for this new series will be the Red Planet...Mars.
      Once in orbit about Mars, we hope that you’ll join us for excursions to Olympus Mons, the highest mountain in the Solar System* three times higher than any mountain on Earth, Valles Marineris, a 2000 mile long and 6 mile deep canyon that would stretch across the United States, and the Cydonia Region of superstitious lore.
      With our new presentation system we will also keep you up-to-date with the latest findings about the most Earth-like planet in the Solar System by updating the show every week as needed. “Port of Call: MARS!” will be shown every Saturday evening through the month of April. Future “Port of Call” shows will include voyages to other Solar System Destinations such as Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury and more.

      Please Note:
      Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.