Summertime in Florida and The Poll

  • nightsight1
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2002
      Well, I know that it is summer time in Florida but doesn't ANYBODY
      have any activities going on? SOMETHING to talk about? Any
      requests for information? I know that we have several home school
      educators gearing up for the new school year as well as our
      professional educators. Most of you said that you were looking for
      information and assistance with the astronomy portions of your
      homeschooling, and I suggested using astronomy as part of many other
      subject areas as well. So, feel free to speak up.

      As to The Poll...I don't think the Florida Bush/Gore election will
      have worry about our poll supplanting it as a heated battle! We
      now have 4, yep, count'em, 4, votes. And the ballot is TIED!!!
      Please don't let our first ballot end up a tie.

      Also, I've been tied up with ome things at work and home, but I am
      on vacation now and will be trying to some more done on both
      Southern Nights and the SNR Project. I've started adding city and
      county ordinances (sections) dealing with outdoor lighting in the
      Files section. Locating these sections is very time consuming, but
      eventually, you'll be able to quickly check your local area for
      lighting regulations. Also, I have hit a research snag on my
      personal idea for statewide lighting regulation. It will be forth
      coming shortly.

      Clear Dark Skies,

      Laurent Pellerin
      Nightsight1@n...
      http://nightsight1.home.att.net

      Founder/Moderator, Southern Nights Astronomical League of Florida
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Southern_Nights/

      Founder/Moderator, Southern Night-Sky Restoration Project
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthernNightSkyRestorationProject/

      Chairman, Dark Sky Advisory Committee
      Central Florida Astronomical Society
      darksky@c...