Light Pollution Ordinances

  • nightsight1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2002
      Southern Nights is in need of electronic copies of comprehensive
      light pollution ordinances from any Florida municipality or county
      government. We need both pending ordinances as well as enacted
      ones. And I'm starting a file for ongoing efforts to get light
      pollution ordinances. Currently, Casselberry, FL, is the only one in
      Files. But I have heard that Sanibel Island, FL, has an enacted
      ordinance, and that Treasure Island may have one pending, or at least
      working towards one.

      Any others out there? Remember, ASTRONomy without the stars, is
      just "O'my!"

      Laurent

      Laurent Pellerin
      Nightsight1@...
      http://nightsight1.home.att.net

      Founder/Moderator, Southern Nights Astronomical League of Florida
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Southern_Nights/

      Operations & Production
      Seminole Community College Planetarium
      PelleriL@...