Re: Possible Central Florida Aurora Tonight: Fwd: Magnetic Storm

  • Laurent Pellerin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
      John, Thank you for the great photos and time lapse gif's. Due to
      even the fairly low light pollution levels here in Deltona, and the
      weakening and reversal of the solar magnetic field just before dark,
      I was unable to see the aurora myself. I thought they ended about
      Georgia/Florida. But its great to see they got as far south as
      Rosemary Hill. Everyone on the list should check out you link.

      Thanks again, Laurent

      --- In Southern_Nights@yahoogroups.com, John Oliver <oliver@a...>
      wrote:
      > > POSSIBLE AURORA VISIBLE FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA TONIGHT
      > Take a look at http://www.astro.ufl.edu/~oliver/ConCamRH/aurora.htm
      > see what our night sky camera saw ... this aurora was not easily
      visible
      > to the naked eye but shows clearly on the ConCam RH.
    • John Oliver
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
        Laurent Pellerin wrote:

        > John, Thank you for the great photos and time lapse gif's. Due to
        > even the fairly low light pollution levels here in Deltona, and the
        > weakening and reversal of the solar magnetic field just before dark,
        > I was unable to see the aurora myself. I thought they ended about
        > Georgia/Florida. But its great to see they got as far south as
        > Rosemary Hill. Everyone on the list should check out you link.
        >
        > Thanks again, Laurent
        >
        > --- In Southern_Nights@yahoogroups.com, John Oliver <oliver@a...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >>>POSSIBLE AURORA VISIBLE FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA TONIGHT
        >>
        >>Take a look at http://www.astro.ufl.edu/~oliver/ConCamRH/aurora.htm
        >
        > to see what our night sky camera saw ... this aurora was not easily
        > visible to the naked eye but shows clearly on the ConCam RH.
        I have now added color images taken at the Chiefland Astronomy Village.

        --
        John