Darwin Movie

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 20, 2010
      This is extremely late notice...
      I just found out that a movie about Charles Darwin, Creation, will be playing at the Naro Cinema tomorrow morning at 1000 in Norfolk.  Suzette and I will be there.  If anyone else is interested, let us know right away.
    • Richard Nickerson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20, 2010
        Hello Matt,

        I cannot make it. Thanks for the notice, though.

        Richard

        I just found out that a movie about Charles Darwin, Creation, will be playing at the Naro Cinema tomorrow morning at 1000 in Norfolk.  Suzette and I will be there.  If anyone else is interested, let us know right away.

      • Grant Gilman
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20, 2010
          Hello,

          Can't make it either.  But I will be working at the Starbucks across the street until 2.  Come over and introduce yourselves!

          Cheers,

          Grant

          --
          Grant Gilman
          www.grantgilman.com
          Director of Orchestral Studies
          Christopher Newport University
          www.music.cnu.edu
          Music Director
          Harbor Opera Company
          www.harboropera.com
          Resident Conductor
          Astoria Symphony, New York, NY
          www.astoriamusic.org
          115 E. 41st St. #C7
          Norfolk, VA 23504
          ggmuze@...
          (443)286.2160
        • Matt
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 21, 2010
            The Darwin movie, Creation, was worth seeing.  I highly recommend it.

            We also need to schedule our next meeting.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to date/time and place?

            Do not forget to sign up at the new Meetup.com site:  http://www.meetup.com/Southeastern-Virginia-Objectivists/
          • davelittel@cox.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
              Hello folks,

              As I mentioned at the last meeting, I've been working with the Tea Party people to set up a debate of the Republican primary candidates.

              This is for the Congressional race for the 2nd District of Virginia, which covers Virginia Beach, part of Hampton and the eastern Shore. There are now eight candidates in this race and all of them will be present for the debate.

              The debate will be held from 7 to 9 pm on Thursday April 1st at the Wyndham Hotel in Virginia Beach. (Oceanfront, North end) There will be a meet and greet reception afterward.

              Controlling the debate is always a good thing, and Robert Tracinsky and I will control this one. Robert (long time Objectivist and editor of the Intellectual Activist) will be the moderator. The strategy from my standpoint is to 1) push the candidates to take more principled positions in favor of capitalism and limited government; 2) explore their positions in order to make an informed choice about which one will be the best advocate for capitalism; 3) use the influence of the Tea Party to push the best candidate to victory in the primary; and 4) in doing this, head off a situation where there would be a Tea Party candidate running against a weak Republican, which would ensure a victory for the democrat.

              I hope you can all make it to the event. Consider it activism--the more people who show up, the greater the perceived influence of the Tea Party movement. On that note, please send emails or contact as many republican/conservative/tea party people as you can and let them know as well. The event is free and open to the public. We have tons of seats and we want to fill them all.

              Hope to see you there,
              Dave

              PS, you can also contribute questions you like to see the candidates answer. I do need to receive those by Monday
            • davelittel@cox.net