Re: [Southeastern-Virginia-Objectivists] RE: HBL A scheme to sink the health care bill

  • davelittel@cox.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2009
      Yes, I'm sending that letter (a variation thereof) tomorrow. The more of those he gets, the better. At a minimum, it will demonstrate the depth of the commitment of the opposition to this bill.
      Dave

      ---- Matt Person <mattperson@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > election campaign of the first Democratic senator to come out
      > against the health-care bill. If enough of us make that pledge, it
      > would counteract the political threat from the far left.
      >
      > "The deal is this: come out against the health-care bill, and we will
      > pledge to donate time or money to your next re-election campaign,
      > and those of us who live in your state will give you our votes. We
      > will do it because of your stand on this one bill, regardless of any
      > disagreement we may have with your other policies.
      >
      > "But here's the catch: we'll only do it for the *first* Democratic
      > senator to declare clear and unequivocal opposition to the whole
      > bill."
      >
      > You can pledge time and/or money. Mr. Tracinski has drafted an
      > email to send to the wavering four Senators. My shortened version
      > of it is below. (In my case, I chose to pledge $500; alternatively
      > you can pledge time.)
      >
      > ==============================
      >
      > Dear Senator <insert name>,
      >
      > You may be reluctant to be the first Senate Democrat to go on
      > record opposing the health care bill, worrying that Democrats on
      > the left will target you for defeat in the next election.
      >
      > To counteract that, I pledge that I will contribute $500 in your next
      > election--IF you become the first Democratic senator to declare
      > unequivocal opposition to the whole health care bill (not just some
      > of its provisions).
      >
      > So that you know this pledge of $500 support is serious, I give you
      > my contact information below and encourage you to remind me
      > when the time comes to make good on my pledge. Again, this is
      > conditional upon your being the first Democratic senator to declare
      > he will vote against the whole bill.
      >
      > <insert your name, address, telephone, and email address here>
      >
      > The four Senators to send this too are:
      >
      > Senator Ben Nelson (NE)
      > Chief of Staff: Tim Becker (timothy_becker@...)
      > Washington, DC (202) 224-6551 / (202) 228-0012 fax
      >
      > Senator Blanche Lincoln (AR)
      > Chief of Staff: Elizabeth Burks
      > (elizabeth_burks@...)
      > Washington, DC (202) 224-4843 / (202) 228-1371 fax
      >

      > Senator Mary Landrieu (LA)
      > Chief of Staff: Jane Campbell (jane_campbell@...)
      > Washington, DC (202) 224-5824 / (202) 224-9735 fax
      >

      > Senator Mark Warner (VA)
      > Chief of Staff: Luke Albee (luke_albee@...)
      > Washington, DC (202) 224-2023 / (202) 224-6295 fax
      >
      > Senator Nelson seems to be the best single target, if you want to do
      > only one. My emails to the address above "bounced" back to me.
      > But I was able to copy and paste the same message at a facility on
      > his site:
      >
      > http://bennelson.senate.gov/email-issues.cfm
      >
      > We are days away from a historic decision on a law which directly
      > affects how long and healthily you will live. If this bill passes, it
      > will be next to impossible to repeal it. Any means of supporting a
      > Senator who will stand up for the rights of all of us--most especially

    • Christian Dunlap
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2009

        I sent the letter out to all listed, even though Nelson just announced his support of the bill this morning. As for our own Warner, I have very, very little hope for him. In all his campaign adds, he prides himself on being the great compromiser. He will undoubtedly obey whatever his party commands and then tell us that we’ve all won by coming together.

        Christian

        href="mailto:southeastern-virginia-objectivists%40yahoogroups.com">southeastern- virginia- objectivists@ yahoogroups. com

        mattperson@hotmail. com; geierwilliam@ hargray.com; billgeier@gmail. com; sherryc50@aol. com

        href="mailto:hblist%40hblist.com">hblist@hblist. com>Date: December 17, 2009 11:59:16 PM ESTTo: DiGeier@aol. comSubject: HBL A scheme to sink the health care billReply-To: <hblist@hblist. com>

        href="mailto:timothy_becker%40bennelson.senate.gov">timothy_becker@ bennelson. senate.gov)
        > Washington ,
        w:st="on">DC (202) 224-6551 / (202) 228-0012 fax

        > Senator Blanche Lincoln (AR)
        > Chief of Staff: Elizabeth Burks
        > (elizabeth_burks@ lincoln.senate. gov)
        > Washington ,
        w:st="on">DC (202) 224-4843 / (202) 228-1371 fax

        href="mailto:jane_campbell%40landrieu.senate.gov">jane_campbell@ landrieu. senate.gov)
        > Washington ,
        w:st="on">DC (202) 224-5824 / (202) 224-9735 fax

        > Senator Mark Warner (VA)
        > Chief of Staff: Luke Albee (luke_albee@warner. senate.gov)
        > Washington ,
        w:st="on">DC (202) 224-2023 / (202) 224-6295 fax

        > Senator Nelson seems to be the best single target, if you want to do
        > only one. My emails to the address above "bounced" back to me.
        > But I was able to copy and paste the same message at a facility on
        > his site:
        >
        > http://bennelson. senate.gov/ email-issues. cfm
        >
        > We are days away from a historic decision on a law which directly
        > affects how long and healthily you will live. If this bill passes, it
        > will be next to impossible to repeal it. Any means of supporting a
        > Senator who will stand up for the rights of all of us--most especially
        > the rights of doctors--is worth a try.

        > View all posts on web at: http://www.hblist. com/hbl
        >
        > =
        > http://clk.atdmt. com/GBL/go/ 171222985/ direct/01/

      • Dihann Geier
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2009
          That gave me a chuckle.  And you are probably right.  Good insight   :)

          -Dihann