Darren Woodson 5k & Kid Fest and Kite Fly

  • TKOGunn@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2006
      I just received the following kite fiers request, from a non-profit
      organization that needs kite flyers to come out and fly for their
      festival on Sep 23. They would also like Rainbows 4 Sail to come out and
      sell kites. Please spread the word about this to everyone in the DFW
      area.

      BTW - Darrin Woodson is a former Dallas Cowboy and is suppose to be on
      hand during the event too.

      Date:    Sun, Jul 30, 2006, 1:11pm
      From:    Chris Vandeventer <chris@...>
      To:    TeamTKO@...
      Subject:    Darren Woodson 5k & Kid Fest

      Troy,
      thanks for taking the time to speak with me today regarding the Sept.
      23, 2006 event at Austin Ranch in The Colony Texas.

      The Single Parent Foundation is a 501 (C) 3 that's mission is to help
      single parent families with temporary emergency assistance. for more
      information on the charity visit:

      www.singleparentfoundation.org

      The event will be held at Austin Ranch ( http://www.austinranch.com )
      and is called the Darren Woodson 5k & Kid Fest (
      http://www.woodsonrun.com ). This is a first year event and we do have a
      few corporate sponsors but as it is first year they came in at a low
      level so we are trying to put together a festival that will offer single
      parents an opportunity to bring out the kids without it costing them
      precious funds they could use to pay their bills.

      With generous donations by Pizza Inn we are going to be able to offer
      free pizza to children of single parents and the Single Parent
      Foundation is organizing all of the demo's, kite demos, bounce houses,
      interactive activities, etc. at our expense to insure a day of fun for
      the families without worrying about having the money to entertain the
      family.

      We would like to invite kite flyers to come and demonstrate their kites
      at our festival. Any help from you would be appreciated!

      I will also follow up with Rainbows for sale regarding this event, to
      see if they would be willing to come to the event and sell kites.

      Chris Vandeventer
      The Single Parent Foundation
      www.singleparentfoundation.org
      214.448.8161

      Troy Gunn - Texas, USA

      - TKO Sportkite Team (USA):
      http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/home.htm

      - Kitelife Internet magazine:
      http://kitelife.com
    • ASGHAR BELIM
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
        tro

        give  my name to them

        asghar

        ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
          Asghar,
          Thanks for your interest, but the event is a charity fund raising
          event to help kids, and they do not have money to fly kite flyers to
          Texas.

          How are things in north India where you live?

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2006
            troy

            i am fine

            live  in  jodhpur

            going to malesia

            hope to   see u  there

            my part of  india is peace full

            no   any  tention

            andf hope  will be not

            asghar

            To: South_Central_Kitefliers@yahoogroups.com
            From: ASGHAR BELIM <asghar_kiteman@...>
            Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 06:13:50 +0100 (BST)
            Subject: Re: [South_Central_Kitefliers] Darren Woodson 5k & Kid Fest and
            Kite Fly

            tro

            give  my name to them

            asghar

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2006
              Asghar,
              I haven' decided if I will be going to Malaysia this month or not. You
              are going? Are you going to Iran Festival?

              BTW - I was suppose to go to the festival in Beirut, Lebanon, but I
              canceled my trip 3 weeks before. It's a good thing I did, because I
              would have been there touring when the airport was first bombed, and I
              would have been stranded there. Sami and his family left Beirut and are
              staying with his parents in Germany until the situation in Beirut gets
              safer. Even when he returns, there may not be much left of Beirut to
              return to.