CineSol Schedule

  • Laura Elysa
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hello all.

      My apologies that our website doesn't have any festival information. Our webmasters are working on it. in the meantime, i am going to email you a basic schedule so that you have at least an idea of our programming, workshops, and special guests. i have posted this schedule on Facebook and Myspace. i went ahead and added workshops and synopsis also. All 2010 info is on our website but under announcements (on the side). Hopefully, our main schedule will be posted soon.

      By the way, don't forget Registration for the 5th Annual 36 Hour Film Race is Friday!!!

      Film Festival prices you ask? a Festival Pass for both OPENING and CLOSING weeknd is $125. Opening Weekend Pass is $75. TSTC students free with Student ID. Film Race participants free with Race Badge. Individual screenings are $5 except for MUSICA EN ESPERA, PANTS ON FIRE and the RESULTS OF THE 36 HOUR FILM RACE. Admission will be $10. There are different types of passes available at the door.

      CLOSING WEEKEND prices
      Prices for individual screenings or workshops are $5. The only exception is ANDY PARIS: BUBBLEGUM KING on September 18th @ 8:00p. Admission will be $10 because there will be a reception. A CLOSING WEEKEND All Day Saturday Pass is $30. For more info, call 956-793-8783.

      OPENING WEEKEND will take place at the Harlingen Performing Arts Theatre, 1209 Fair Park Blvd, Harlingen, TX - (956) 412-7529.

      and Texas State Technical College, 1902 Loop 499 N, Harlingen, TX - (956) 364-4441

      and the Harlingen Arts & Heritage Museum, 2425 Boxwood Street, Harlingen, TX - (956) 430-8500.

      SEPTEMBER 10th @ HPAT @ 7p-8p is a reception. 800p-935p is the Argentinian movie MUSICA EN ESPERA.

      SEPTEMBER 11th
      12:30p-2:00p @ Workshop Room @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is the Texas Filmmakers' Showcase presented by the Houston Film Commission

      2:30p-3:30p @ Workshop Room @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is the FILM TO FESTIVAL panel. The panelists include two of the 5th Annual 36 Hour Film Race judges, Michael Druck and Adam Rocha.

      4:00p-5:00p @ Workshop Room @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is the HOW TO MAKE IT IN HOLLYWOOD presented by Arlene Santana. Arlene is from Sullivan City and has a recurring role on "Grey's Anatomy."

      12:00p-1:18p @ Theater @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is the documentary HEAVEN IN EXILE. The director Omar Rosales is a Harlingen resident and will be doing a Q&A afterwards.

      2:00p-3:03p @ Theater @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is FOREIGN SHORTS. This is 63 minutes of shorts from Spain and Mexico.

      3:15P-4:50P@ Theater @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is SHORTS PROGRAM 4. 85 minutes of shorts including FANTASY INC. directed by Brownsville native Bryan Ortiz.

      5:00p-6:17p @ Theater @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is SHORTS PROGRAM 1. 85 minutes of shorts including BON VIVANT (Donna High School student Maria Quiroga), SALUD (starring Arlene Santana) and PAPERBOY (starring Brownsville native Marisilda Garcia).

      12:30p-1:49 @ HAHM is DOCUMENTARY SHORTS 2.

      2:00p-2:59p @ HAHM is THE BEAST WITHIN.

      3:15p-4:13p @ HAHM is AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER.

      4:30p-6:00p @ HAHM is the paranormal investigation workshop, "Ghosts Were People Too" by PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATIVE MULTI PARANORMAL SOCIETY.

      7:00p-8:00p is the reception @ HPAT.
      8:00p-9:33p is the movie PANTS ON FIRE with Q&A with special guest Efren Ramirez!! (Pedro from Napoleon Dynomite)

      SEPTEMBER 12TH

      12:15p-1:15p @ Workshop Room @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is a Special Effects Workshop presented by Carter Robinson.

      1:30p-2:50p @ Workshop Room @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is the documentary UNDER THE SCARES.

      12:00p-1:14p @ Theater @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is SHORTS PROGRAM 3. 74 minutes of short including BORDERLANDERS by Marcel Rodriguez.

      1:40p-3:06 @ Theater @ TSTC Cultural Arts Center is THE SHARK CON. The director is Harlingen resident Rusty Armstrong. Rusty and Steven Pavon will be doing a Q&A.

      12:15P-1:27P @ HAHM is DOCUMENTARY SHORTS 1.

      1:45p-2:43p @ HAHM is HARVEST OF LONELINESS.

      3:00p-4:00p @ HPAT doors open for...
      4:00p-???? @ HPAT is the results of the 5th Annual 36 Hour Film Race.

      Our CLOSING WEEKEND will take place at Cine El Rey, 311 S. 17th St., McAllen, TX and the McAllen Chamber of Commerce, 1200 Ash Avenue, McAllen, TX - (956) 682-2871.

      SEPTEMBER 18TH

      1:00p-2:00p @ McAllen Chamber of Commerce is the "Post Production Workflow for an Indie Film Before Shoot" workshop. This workshop is being done by Steve Escobar, Emmy award winning editor for THE AMAZING RACE and is currently editing BIG BROTHER.
      3:00p-4:00p @ McAllen Chamber of Commerce is "Filmmaking 101 - Independent and Industry Perspectives" panel. The panelists include McAllen native Jojo Henrickson and John Estrada.

      12:00p-12:47p @ Cine El Rey is ESPIRITU DE LA SALSA.

      1:15p-2:43p @ Cine El Rey is SHORTS PROGRAM 2. 88 minutes of shorts including FEAR ASIDE by San Benito native Charlie Rodriguez & Edinburg native Ric De Anda and HOME by San Juan resident Mario De Leon.

      3:00p-4:33p @ Cine El Rey is PANTS ON FIRE.

      4:45p-6:11p @ Cine El Rey is THE ARCHIVE (a 8 minute short) and WORLD'S LARGEST (documentary feature which includes the world's largest killer bee in Hidalgo, TX!)

      7:00p-8:00p @ Cine El Rey is a reception for...
      8:00p-9:19 @ Cine El Rey is ANDY PARIS: BUBBLEGUM KING. This documentary feature tells of how McAllen, TX was home base to a bubblegum factory and how Andy Paris was a man ahead of his time. Cast and crew will being doing a Q&A.

      SEPTEMBER 19TH

      12:00p-1:28p is 11 YEARS OF NIGHTMARES AND A WASTED LIFETIME. The director Robert Collardo is an Edinburg resident. Cast & crew will do a Q&A.

      2:00p-3:24p @ Cine El Rey is THE ARCHIVE (a 8 minute short) and WORLD'S LARGEST (documentary feature which includes the world's largest killer bee in Hidalgo, TX!)

      3:45p-5:04p @ Cine El Rey is ANDY PARIS: BUBBLEGUM KING. This documentary feature tells of how McAllen, TX was home base to a bubblegum factory and how Andy Paris was a man ahead of his time. Cast and crew will being doing a Q&A.

      5:45p-6:15p @ Cine El Rey is the top 9 films of the 5th Annual 36 Hour Film Race (selected by the judges)