hb 1634 report

  • Dan Eggleston
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2007
      Below is a message from Brandon at HillCo Partners:

      The bill (HB 1634) was delayed today due to a hyper technical
      procedural error that occurred at the paper pushing level. It is just
      a garden variety snag or bump. It has nothing to do with the substance
      or content of the bill nor does it reflect a lack of support for the
      bill. To the contrary, the bill is receiving significant support from
      legislators and our grass roots efforts have definitely worked. The
      error, which is commonplace in the process and happens to dozens of
      bills every session, will be corrected tonight and the bill should be
      set on the calendar again sometime next week (error free this time).
      We will keep you posted.

      Everyone did a fantastic job calling the Representatives yesterday.
      We will likely not need to do that again next week. The message has
      been heard. Thank you all for making the calls.

      Hector Garcia
      TXMPA President