talents works

  • Dan Eggleston
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Dear Current and Future Members of Talent Works,

      We are proud to announce that the TALENT WORKS is still accepting
      applications for new and renewing members.

      All talent whose memberships have expired have been removed from the
      site.
      Time to get your information back on line!

      Memberships received during October will expire on September 30, 2007.

      As a reminder, this year we will not publish the directory. It was
      very
      costly to print and to mail plus our concern was that some clients were
      just
      throwing it on a shelf and not using it. So, what we are going to do
      this
      year is send out an "update" letter to the nearly 500 people on the
      mailing
      list including producers, directors, ad agencies, production companies,
      etc.
      SIX times throughout the coming year. Yes, that is 6 times that we
      will
      mail a letter updating our clients as to the activities on the website.
      This will include names of new members, members who have been booked,
      etc.
      That way TALENT WORKS will be in front of the clients on a continuing
      basis
      and they will remember to visit the site!

      Feel free to join or renew your current membership through Paypal for a
      mere
      $100 annual fee. (Approximately $0.27 a day!) If you are renewing, as
      soon
      as you enroll through Paypal, we will get your information back on
      line. If
      you would prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to TALENT
      WORKS and
      mail it to:

      TALENT WORKS
      3601 S. Congress Ave., Ste. C-105
      Austin, TX 78704

      Many of the talent now list their Talent Works web address just below
      their
      names on their resumes. This also helps spread the word! So, if you
      don't
      have that information on your resume, you might want to add it
      immediately!

      We offer a free link to your personal website as well as to your
      agency's
      website.

      If you want to update your headshots, you may send jpegs to Milan at
      info@... There is no charge for this service.
      Remember,
      photos must be 210 pixels wide (max), 260 pixels tall (max), thumbnails
      must
      be 80 x 80 and ALL @ 72 DPI. Be sure and clearly mark each as to
      location:
      "LEFT", "CENTER", "RIGHT" and "THUMBNAIL". All photographs must be of
      professional quality. We reserve the right to not post any
      inappropriate
      photograph(s).

      We will need to know how you wish your name to appear on your webpage
      together with the name of your agent, if any. If you do not have an
      agent,
      we will need a contact telephone number to list on the webpage.

      Be sure and check with your accountant, but this is most likely
      entirely tax
      deductible and an incredible investment in your future.

      Let us know if you have any questions! Here's to another successful
      year
      for all of us!

      Congratulations to all the talent who booked everything from SAG
      nationals,
      to regionals, to print work through Talent Works, not to mention the
      countless auditions members received!

      Keep up the excellent work!