joe's blog

  • Dan Eggleston
    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 11, 2012

      From Joe O'Connell's blog at joeoconnell.com
      Send tips to filmnewsbyjoe@...

      I wrote last year about Richard Kelly's plan to shoot a film called Corpus Christi, which is, of course, set in Corpus Christi, Texas. Looks like the latest from the Donnie Darko director will film there some but primarily in Austin this summer, my sources confirm. Why Austin? The movie shoot is being financed by Robert Rodriguez's Quick Draw Productions.

      Edgar Ramirez is set to star as "a mentally unstable Iraq war veteran named Paciencia 'Patience' De La Rosa, who forges a strange friendship with his boss Ralph Salverson, the wealthy and politically ambitious owner of a supermarket chain."

      Don't expect many more details from the filming given Rodriguez's love of having anyone who comes near him sign a confidentiality agreement, but maybe Mr. R. will be too busy with his own projects. He announced during SXSW that Machete 2 would start production this month and Sin City 2 should--finally--shoot this summer.
    • Dan Eggleston
      Message 32 of 32 , May 21, 2013

        From Joe O'Connell's blog @joeoconnell.com
        Send tips to filmnewsbyjoe@...

        ABC's 'Killer Women' to shoot in New Mexico, not Austin

        It's a show about Texas Rangers set in San Antonio and the pilot shot in Austin, but the ABC series Killer Women will lens in Albuquerque, my sources confirm.

        With the television networks, the decision usually comes down to dollars and cents, and this appears to be no exception. Simply put, filming incentives in New Mexico remain much more attractive than those offered in Texas.

        But at least we can enjoy a few fleeting Austin views in the trailer.

        It's the same story that has Johnny Depp star vehicle The Long Ranger featuring scenic backdrops that you'd never find in the Lone Star State.