ws

  • Dan Eggleston
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011

      Hollywood WINTER intensive

      Director/Producer/Actor/Coach, Will Wallace is looking for 5 dedicated Texas actors to join his Acting Company this winter in L.A. for his 1st annual winter break intensive acting program.  Being a Texas native, and having many current students from the lone star state, Will wants to offer the opportunity to 5 strong actors who would like to continue their training in L.A. There will be a selection process, so if you are interested contact me to get more information.

      Winter students will participate in all five of Will’s classes meeting every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening from 7:00-10:00pm, with one daytime class on Monday afternoons from 12:00-3:00.  Will’s daytime class is taught by theater director & actress, Murisa Harba.  The Mon. evening class is taught by Indy director Stephen Savage, the Tues. class is taught by Will or guest directors, & the Wed & Thu classes are taught exclusively by Will. The program will allow the actors the opportunity to work with working actors in LA, as many of Will’s current students work in film and on TV shows. These 5 Texas students will also meet and work with a variety of other industry professionals as Will often brings directors, casting directors, agents and managers to his classes. Many of Will’s students book numerous jobs a year just from coming to class.  It is quite difficult to get into Will’s acting classes within LA, and there is a waiting list to audition, so this is a unique opportunity to get to work with his Company members. The classes will cover: improvisation, cold-reading, and audition technique, but it is primarily an advanced scene study.

      The criteria:  Committed individuals with solid potential, but most importantly a strong love of the craft, and a desire to challenge oneself. Please note: Students should not be discouraged from applying because of limited film and TV credits. We will be making our final selection by Nov. 15th, so if you’re interested please contact me asap.

      Bio for Will Wallace

      Will Wallace has been teaching working actors in L.A. for over 10 years. He is also the head of all Scene Video Workshops for The Screen Actors Guild Conservatory in Los Angeles. In addition Will has produced, written, & directed numerous award-winning films.  He is a producer at Sunflower Films with Terrence Malick & Ed Pressman in L.A.  He is currently producing the Sunflower Production film entitled “The Marfa Lights”, and co-producing “Aloft” with Robert Redford. His recent projects include executive producing “Flatland: The Movie” (starring Martin Sheen & Kristen Bell), & directing the multi-award winning comedic feature entitled “Cake”.  In 2009, Will produced the independent films, “Rock Slyde”, starring Patrick Warburton, Andy Dick, & Jason Alexander (opening in 50 million homes “on demand” April 2010), and “Clear Lake, WI”, starring Michael Madsen, which has run in 23 theaters in 4 states. All of these films included many of his student's in various roles. Most recently, Will just finished executive producing “A Song For The Dead” in Yellow Knife, Canada.

      As and actor, Will has worked on over 30 films including: “The Thin Red Line”, “I Am Sam”, “Rules of Engagement”, “The New World”, and most recently “The Tree of Life” starring Brad Pitt & Sean Penn (2010 release). Will also recently completed the independent multi-award winning film entitled “Broke Sky” for which he received a best actor nomination.  He has also just been cast in the film “Doonby” slated to shoot in Smithville, Texas in May. Will played roles on various TV shows such as "Leverage”, “Beverly Hills 90210”, "Pensacola: Wings of Gold" and “Baywatch”.

      Tuition/Sessions:

      One-Week Program: (December 5th-8th)-  $250.00

      Two-Week Program: (December 5th-15thth)-  $475.00 ($25 discount)

      Three-Week Program: (December 5th-22nd)-  $700.00 ($50 discount)

      *If you can only do the 2nd week or 3rd week let me know and we can make that work too.

      To sign up please contact: Sara Wallace (805) 490-6716, willwallaceactingcompany@...

      www.willwallaceactingcompany.com

      Space is limited.