how to post a photo

  • Dan Eggleston
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2003
      Here are directions on how to add a photo to
      SouthTXFilmCasting. Some of you will not need all the details,
      but some will.
      First, you will need a photo in JPG format. It needs to be 40K or
      smaller. Most graphics software allows you the option of saving
      in this format. When you save you can generally adjust the size
      of the file by specifying how high the quality of the photo will
      display. The file must have the JPG suffix (even on a Mac). (to
      shrink your photo on a Mac, I recommend GRAPHIC
      CONVERTER: available at http://lemkesoft.com - it's free to use,
      but it's worth the shareware fee)
      Go to
      http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthTXFilmCasting/lst
      Click on LIST and notice the ID format of any pictures you will be
      adding.
      Click on Register, if you are NOT registered with Yahoo
      After you register go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/memwiz
      and link your email with your yahoo account, then sign in (if
      needed)

      Click on sign in, if you are registered with Yahoo
      Click on PHOTOS on the left.
      Click on ADD PHOTO near the top
      Next to the Name field, type your name (e.g., Sarah Vargas)
      Click on BROWSE, and locate your picture (the limit is ONE
      photo - color photos are better for the web)
      Sarah Vargas (Orange County) Sarah@... http://
      SarahVargas.com
      Click on UPLOAD. If you get an error message (which may not
      be your fault), just try again.
      The next screen will show the first 16 pictures. You will need to
      navigate to the LAST picture (SHOW ALL will do it, but be patient
      if you don't have a fast connection. If you click on LIST, and then
      the triangle next to the LAST MODIFIED field so that it points
      down so pictures are arranged by date.
      Click on your photo.
      Check to make your the photo is 40K or less at this point.
      Click on EDIT NAME
      Make sure that the NEW NAME field has your name (e.g., Sarah
      Vargas) and that the DESCRIPTION FIELD has your name (city)
      and email (and home page,if you have one) Click on MODIFY
      PHOTO.

      If you can't get all the info in, but you CAN upload the picture,
      email me and supply the info. If you can't shrink the picture,
      email me & let me know. be sure to tell me the picture is at
      SouthTX Film Casting.

      I check on the photos periodically. Any photos w/o all the info
      described above will be deleted one week after i discover it (and
      try to contact you to get the info) and have not been supplied the
      info.

      That's it.

      If you have any problems, email me at
      capydan@...