MagKnits is gone

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
      Sad news. MagKnits closed. Archives are gone but might be moved to
      Yarn Forward.

      http://www.magknits.com/

      Sigh. Guess it makes sense to print out the patterns you want instead
      of assuming you can go back for them later.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
        Oh crap! I was just thinking yesterday that I need to reprint Rainbow
        Socks because I've lost the pages.

        ARGHH!!!!

        Becca

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
          What kills me is that they all of a sudden shut down their server. I understand the time and energy it takes to run the thing, but they could have at least gave a deadline as to when they were going to do it.

          It's a sad day for knitters. There are a couple of patterns i have on my queue and I most likely have to reach out to the designer to get a copy.

          Kris

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
            Here's hoping that most of the patterns end up on yarn forward. There
            were a couple I wanted, too!

            You know, they *just* posted the April issue a few days ago. There
            was a cute little stranded tank pattern that I wanted to take a
            closer look at, but it's gone now. *sniff*

            --- KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

            > What kills me is that they all of a sudden shut down their server.
            > I understand the time and energy it takes to run the thing, but
            > they could have at least gave a deadline as to when they were going
            > to do it.
            >
            > It's a sad day for knitters. There are a couple of patterns i have
            > on my queue and I most likely have to reach out to the designer to
            > get a copy.
            >
            > Kris
            >
            > Becca <tzurriz@...> wrote: Oh
            > crap! I was just thinking yesterday that I need to reprint Rainbow
            > Socks because I've lost the pages.
            >
            > ARGHH!!!!
            >
            > Becca
            >
            > --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens
            > <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Sad news. MagKnits closed. Archives are gone but might be moved
            > > Yarn Forward.
            > >
            > > http://www.magknits.com/
            > >
            > > Sigh. Guess it makes sense to print out the patterns you want
            > instead
            > > of assuming you can go back for them later.
            > >
            > > Theresa

            > > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • MIsha Starks
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008

              Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:
              Sad news. MagKnits closed. Archives are gone but might be moved to
              Yarn Forward.

              http://www.magknits .com/

              Sigh. Guess it makes sense to print out the patterns you want instead
              of assuming you can go back for them later.

              http://mail. yahoo.com

              "Let your light so shine..."
              Visit my blog at http://knitmore3@...