RE: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Change in management

  • Susan Farbstein
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008

      It is fairly easy to get to by 294 or Rt 30. Get out your GPS because the street to turn onto from Rt 30 is not really marked well.  I just look for the Walgreen’s on the left side of the street and the Speedway Gas station on the right.  Also there is a motel on the left just before you get to the intersection to turn.  You turn on Washington Street which is RT 2.   Call the store or go on line to www.knitdoctor.com .  They also have their newsletter online that you can sign up for or while you are at the store you can sign up for the mailed version. I live in Flossmoor and it takes about 45 minutes -1 hour to get to by expressway and about an hour by Rt 30, sometimes quicker.  Depends on your stress level which route to take.  Their staff is extremely knowledgeable and very friendly.  My nephew’s wife is pregnant with their second child and it’s a boy! Mom’s allergic to wool, and I am making a baby bunting-will be working on it on Wednesday.  They had amazing yarn in wool and the nicest selection of yarn for those who are allergic-or think they are-that I have seen.  I belong to the Homewood knitters’ group that meets once a month at the Homewood Public Library and we went on a field trip on Saturday.  Had a blast.  I wore my Einstein Coat and finally one of our knitters, who was on the fence, broke down and bought Sally’s book, the yarn and buttons-they have an amazing selection of buttons, books patterns, needles etc!!!!  Since I inspired this sale I asked if I got commission but the owner smiled and said no-I was just kidding.  Paula, the owner, is a doll and has stayed open for me when I was running late because she knows how far away I live from the shop.  So much nicer than her last shop.  This shop is what an amazing knitting store should be!!!!!

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
        Hi Susan,

        As Kris said, I'm a wee bit on the busy side these days. Kris gave
        you perfect directions, and we can't wait to meet you on Wednesday!

        Becca

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
          I sure hope so. :)

          <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

          > Hi Becca,
          >
          > To be honest, I always thought it had to be approved...and I don't
          think others will be deterred from joining the group. More then likely
          they'll appreciate the tight crack down on the spammers.

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
            Me! Me! I've been there! Well, I've been to the old one, anyway.
            Great little shop.

            Theresa

            <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http:/tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/ca