RE: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Change in management

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
      Hi Susan,

      Just in case the busy mommy hasn't seen this, I'm chiming in. We'd love to have you come join us. We meet every Wednesday (7pm - close) at the Panera Bread, 15845 Harlem Avenue in Orland Park...it's on Harlem just north of 159th Street.  We gather near the front doors to your right as you walk in. Just look for the crazed fiber people.

      Look forward to meeting you.
      Kris

      Susan Farbstein <papermaven22@...> wrote:
      Hi Becca,
      I joined the group about 2 months ago and love getting all of the mail.  I would like to come out this Wednesday and join you all.  Where are you located in the Panera? And where exactly is the Panera located?
      Looking forward to meeting everyone, Susan

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
        Hi Becca,

        To be honest, I always thought it had to be approved...and I don't think others will be deterred from joining the group. More then likely they'll appreciate the tight crack down on the spammers.

        Thanks for do this.
        Cheers,
        Kris

        Becca <tzurriz@...> wrote:
        Hi all,

        Due to the increase in spamming lately, and the really vicious nature
        of the attack, I've made a change in how our group works. I hate to
        do this, but the situation was untenable.

        New members can no longer simply join on their own. Their application
        for membership must be approved before they can post. Our membership
        restrictions will be VERY strict. :)
        -- real person
        -- not a "spam-bot"

        I know this may make us seem "less friendly", but I had to do
        something. I can't catch every spam message before it goes out (as
        you saw this morning).

        Hopefully I'll be able to change us back to the more welcoming
        settings at some point.

        Becca
        Your friendly (and tired) moderator.

      • Susan Farbstein
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008

          Thanks Chris, I know exactly where this Panera is.  Looking forward to finally meeting all of the names that accompany the emails,  have you ladies gone to Sheep’s Clothing in Valpo?  They moved to a terrific location and it is bigger and better-susan

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
            I've heard of the location....hummmm, sounds like a road trip;)~K

            Susan Farbstein <papermaven22@...> wrote:
            Thanks Chris, I know exactly where this Panera is.  Looking forward to finally meeting all of the names that accompany the emails,  have you ladies gone to SheepÂ’s Clothing in Valpo?  They moved to a terrific location and it is bigger and better-susan

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008

              It is fairly easy to get to by 294 or Rt 30. Get out your GPS because the street to turn onto from Rt 30 is not really marked well.  I just look for the Walgreen’s on the left side of the street and the Speedway Gas station on the right.  Also there is a motel on the left just before you get to the intersection to turn.  You turn on Washington Street which is RT 2.   Call the store or go on line to www.knitdoctor.com .  They also have their newsletter online that you can sign up for or while you are at the store you can sign up for the mailed version. I live in Flossmoor and it takes about 45 minutes -1 hour to get to by expressway and about an hour by Rt 30, sometimes quicker.  Depends on your stress level which route to take.  Their staff is extremely knowledgeable and very friendly.  My nephew’s wife is pregnant with their second child and it’s a boy! Mom’s allergic to wool, and I am making a baby bunting-will be working on it on Wednesday.  They had amazing yarn in wool and the nicest selection of yarn for those who are allergic-or think they are-that I have seen.  I belong to the Homewood knitters’ group that meets once a month at the Homewood Public Library and we went on a field trip on Saturday.  Had a blast.  I wore my Einstein Coat and finally one of our knitters, who was on the fence, broke down and bought Sally’s book, the yarn and buttons-they have an amazing selection of buttons, books patterns, needles etc!!!!  Since I inspired this sale I asked if I got commission but the owner smiled and said no-I was just kidding.  Paula, the owner, is a doll and has stayed open for me when I was running late because she knows how far away I live from the shop.  So much nicer than her last shop.  This shop is what an amazing knitting store should be!!!!!

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
                Hi Susan,

                As Kris said, I'm a wee bit on the busy side these days. Kris gave
                you perfect directions, and we can't wait to meet you on Wednesday!

                Becca

                --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
                  I sure hope so. :)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
                    Me! Me! I've been there! Well, I've been to the old one, anyway.
                    Great little shop.

                    Theresa

                    <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http:/tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/ca