Re: Free Best Embroidery Design

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24 7:06 AM
      Oh goodie. Now that everyone is completely confused.

      I've banned the person. Sorry it took my so long. I was at the
      closing when the message came in, and then moving when I got your
      message Theresa. :)

      Sorry for the annoyance.

      Then, when I logged in to take care of it, I didn't realize that mom
      was still logged in on the computer. So, I sent out a message
      accidently under her name, or at least I thought I did.

      Okay, are we all cleared up now?

      Thanks for your patience.

      Becca

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24 8:39 AM
        Just fyi, madam moderator, this same person appears to be harvesting
        yahoo group addresses via grouply. Then they sign on to these groups
        as new group members under a variety of email addresses and spam the
        groups with identical or related spam messages. You might want to
        keep an eye on anyone who requests to join over the next few weeks or
        months just in case.

        Grouply is a terrible, awful thing, and if any of you got roped into
        it, I would recommend you get out asap. They say it's a way to manage
        your yahoo groups -- but you can manage them through yahoo. You don't
        need grouply. In order to join grouply, you have to give them your
        yahoo login information, meaning they can use your id to read your
        email, harvest your address book, send messages under your id, and
        get into all your private groups.

        Then they sell all this harvested information. I can report that my
        spam traffic about quadrupled after a grouply spammer found one of my
        small, private knitting lists and started causing trouble over there.
        Grouply addresses have been banned at most of my writing lists.

        They say that once you're in grouply, your yahoo account is as good
        as dead. You can't just cancel grouply and go on as things were
        pre-grouply. You have to create a whole new yahoo identity.

        It may be that nobody on this list is in grouply. But that seems to
        be the way these "free embroidery" people are accessing accounts.
        They're causing trouble on some other lists with repeat spam
        messages. On one of my knitting lists, the moderator had to kill the
        membership of anyone with a grouply id, including some folks who had
        been founding members and were very active on the lists.

        Moral of the story: never, ever, under any circumstances, give any of
        your passwords to anyone. The new penalty for violating this rule is
        to be shunned by your e-friends and kicked out of all your groups.

        End of rant.

        Theresa

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs