Re: Free Best Embroidery Design

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
      Oops.

      I didn't realize that mom was logged in on my computer. That wasn't
      astoler, that was me. Sorry.

      Becca

      --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
        Oh goodie. Now that everyone is completely confused.

        I've banned the person. Sorry it took my so long. I was at the
        closing when the message came in, and then moving when I got your
        message Theresa. :)

        Sorry for the annoyance.

        Then, when I logged in to take care of it, I didn't realize that mom
        was still logged in on the computer. So, I sent out a message
        accidently under her name, or at least I thought I did.

        Okay, are we all cleared up now?

        Thanks for your patience.

        Becca

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
          Just fyi, madam moderator, this same person appears to be harvesting
          yahoo group addresses via grouply. Then they sign on to these groups
          as new group members under a variety of email addresses and spam the
          groups with identical or related spam messages. You might want to
          keep an eye on anyone who requests to join over the next few weeks or
          months just in case.

          Grouply is a terrible, awful thing, and if any of you got roped into
          it, I would recommend you get out asap. They say it's a way to manage
          your yahoo groups -- but you can manage them through yahoo. You don't
          need grouply. In order to join grouply, you have to give them your
          yahoo login information, meaning they can use your id to read your
          email, harvest your address book, send messages under your id, and
          get into all your private groups.

          Then they sell all this harvested information. I can report that my
          spam traffic about quadrupled after a grouply spammer found one of my
          small, private knitting lists and started causing trouble over there.
          Grouply addresses have been banned at most of my writing lists.

          They say that once you're in grouply, your yahoo account is as good
          as dead. You can't just cancel grouply and go on as things were
          pre-grouply. You have to create a whole new yahoo identity.

          It may be that nobody on this list is in grouply. But that seems to
          be the way these "free embroidery" people are accessing accounts.
          They're causing trouble on some other lists with repeat spam
          messages. On one of my knitting lists, the moderator had to kill the
          membership of anyone with a grouply id, including some folks who had
          been founding members and were very active on the lists.

          Moral of the story: never, ever, under any circumstances, give any of
          your passwords to anyone. The new penalty for violating this rule is
          to be shunned by your e-friends and kicked out of all your groups.

          End of rant.

          Theresa

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs