Yarn Harlot on tour!

  • sahmiamnc
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2008
      The schedule is here .  It doesn't look like she's coming to Chicago.

      Would anyone be interested in road-tripping to Ann Arbor on Friday, 4/11?  We could stay overnight  -- there's a Comfort Suites with non-smoking rooms that sleeps 4 for around $100.

      Then, Saturday morning, we could take a side-trip up to Lansing to ThreadBear and still be back by late  Saturday afternoon/evening.  (Although if I drive, you'll have to put up with a half-hour drive around East Lansing before we leave so I can reminisce about flunking out of Michigan State 30 years ago.)

      In my van, gas would run about $75-80.  So, if there's 4 of us, that's under $50 apiece (plus food, of course!)

      Any takers?

      ~Nancy
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2008
        Hey Nancy,

        We were having a similar conversation over on Ravelry. I think most of us are going to hold out and wait a bit to see if Chicago is added to the list.

        I like the idea of a road trip;)
        Kris

        sahmiamnc <nancy@...> wrote:
        The schedule is here .  It doesn't look like she's coming to Chicago.

        Would anyone be interested in road-tripping to Ann Arbor on Friday, 4/11?  We could stay overnight  -- there's a Comfort Suites with non-smoking rooms that sleeps 4 for around $100.

        Then, Saturday morning, we could take a side-trip up to Lansing to ThreadBear and still be back by late  Saturday afternoon/evening.  (Although if I drive, you'll have to put up with a half-hour drive around East Lansing before we leave so I can reminisce about flunking out of Michigan State 30 years ago.)

        In my van, gas would run about $75-80.  So, if there's 4 of us, that's under $50 apiece (plus food, of course!)

        Any takers?

        ~Nancy

      • laurelena78
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2008
          I'm all for any decision to see the Yarn Harlot!