Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] new and i have a question

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2008
      Hi Heather,

      I'm glad you joined our group and hopefully you'll join us at the next meeting. We gather together around 7pm at Panara (on Harlem north of 159th st) which I think is technically Orland Park. We average about 4-6 people every week and we've had has many as 10 show up one time, but that's rare. The group ranges in different age groups from fresh out of college to newly grandmas...I'm in my 30's married with kids and love laughing and knitting with the girls. I would not put our group in the "old lady" category...heck I'm a step-grandma and I'm no way close to being old, but some days I feel that way;)

      I look forward to meeting and knitting with you soon.
      Cheers,
      Kris

      heather <hfimek@...> wrote:
      hello, im new to the group. a few of my girlfriends and i were
      bitching the other day that all the local groups we knew of for yarn
      crafts were only for elderly women. i see that this group meets at
      panara on harlem. is that in tinley? also about how many women come
      each time? is it really crowded? my other question is what time are
      the meetings? i look forward to attending a meeting soon and meeting
      some new friends.
      Heather

    • heather
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2008
        im exicted to come once i can. Right now i have womens self defence
        class on wednesdays. but there are only 3 weeks left of that. i will
        defiantly be bringing at least one friend with me, if not two. We are
        quite excited we found a local knitting/crocheting group. we are all
        in our mid 20's. i am 23, a vice president of a mortgage company. i
        also go to school part time. but most important is my daughter, and
        husband. :) i crochet and i am a beginning knitter. i look forward to
        meeting some new friends, as i am still fairly new to the area. about
        a year and a half ago i moved back to the lincoln way area after being
        gone for 4 years. i drifted away from a lot of my old friends while i
        was gone, and i would love to make some new ones! look forward to
        seeing you girls in a few weeks!