Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] new and i have a question

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2008
      Hello Heather,
      Yes we meet at the Panara in Tinley Park. We meet at about 7pm. Some people come a little early and grab a bite. We are all ages. Some women in their 20s all the way to me in my 50s. ( I think I'm the old lady.) We are usually  6 or more. People come when they can. We pull tables together and laugh a lot. We meet every Wednesday. Come join us !  Aleta

      heather <hfimek@...> wrote:
      hello, im new to the group. a few of my girlfriends and i were
      bitching the other day that all the local groups we knew of for yarn
      crafts were only for elderly women. i see that this group meets at
      panara on harlem. is that in tinley? also about how many women come
      each time? is it really crowded? my other question is what time are
      the meetings? i look forward to attending a meeting soon and meeting
      some new friends.
      Heather

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2008
        Hi Heather,

        I'm glad you joined our group and hopefully you'll join us at the next meeting. We gather together around 7pm at Panara (on Harlem north of 159th st) which I think is technically Orland Park. We average about 4-6 people every week and we've had has many as 10 show up one time, but that's rare. The group ranges in different age groups from fresh out of college to newly grandmas...I'm in my 30's married with kids and love laughing and knitting with the girls. I would not put our group in the "old lady" category...heck I'm a step-grandma and I'm no way close to being old, but some days I feel that way;)

        I look forward to meeting and knitting with you soon.
        Cheers,
        Kris

        heather <hfimek@...> wrote:
        hello, im new to the group. a few of my girlfriends and i were
        bitching the other day that all the local groups we knew of for yarn
        crafts were only for elderly women. i see that this group meets at
        panara on harlem. is that in tinley? also about how many women come
        each time? is it really crowded? my other question is what time are
        the meetings? i look forward to attending a meeting soon and meeting
        some new friends.
        Heather

      • heather
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2008
          im exicted to come once i can. Right now i have womens self defence
          class on wednesdays. but there are only 3 weeks left of that. i will
          defiantly be bringing at least one friend with me, if not two. We are
          quite excited we found a local knitting/crocheting group. we are all
          in our mid 20's. i am 23, a vice president of a mortgage company. i
          also go to school part time. but most important is my daughter, and
          husband. :) i crochet and i am a beginning knitter. i look forward to
          meeting some new friends, as i am still fairly new to the area. about
          a year and a half ago i moved back to the lincoln way area after being
          gone for 4 years. i drifted away from a lot of my old friends while i
          was gone, and i would love to make some new ones! look forward to
          seeing you girls in a few weeks!